15 - Jennette!?!

Her brunette hair and green eyes showed themselves smiling at me.

"Jettie...?" I called remembering not to call her 'jennette'.

"Oh! Sorry I forgot I wasn't supposed to call you by your name, but I did-"

"Where have you been!" I asked her running up to her and hugging her ignoring Lucas.

"I really wanted to visit the princess so unc- dad! Teleported me here!" Jennette responded seeming cheery.

Ah...

Damn it why did you leave your daughter alone!

The one time I need you to show up!

"Do you know where he is?" Lucas butted in.

"N-no... He didn't tell me." Jennette told us as we both saw her problem, she didn't plan on where to go after finding me.

Jennette! I thought you were more responsible then to charge into a situation blindfolded!

"Let's head back to the palace, I'm sure daddy would love you bring around!" I said taking Jennette's hand.

"Princess you hardly go out, it would be a waste to go home because of this chi-"

"You know what! Great idea! Let's go shopping!" I said cutting Lucas off before he could say what I was sure is Jennette's nickname.

I dragged Jennette along as we kept on grabbing food with Lucas being the walking wallet.

Since the golden coins won't go poof! I guess it's fine...

But I can do this alot since it might result in hyperinflation which would be a hard problem to deal with.

I mean how would I fix that?

Would I increase the tax?

Would that work?

Or should I increase the fine so that we will collect more money back?

"Princess, your overthinking and defeating the purpose of me bringing you out." Lucas told me his voice so close that I jumped away and covered my ear.

"Have you never heard of personal space!?" I yelled at him refusing to turn red.

"What's the big deal for? Weren't you the one who told me to sleep with you?" He said shrugging.

Oh... Yeah I did do that...

"I didn't know mister magician and the princess were courting." Jennette commented behind me which I already knew she was there but still jumped.

"We are not!" I told Jennette looking at Lucas with the expression of 'Say something!'

He looked at me, understood my expression.

And shrugged.

What!!!

What does that mean!!

He looked the other way as if something behind him was so interesting.

.

..

...

I'm so killing him when we get back to the palace.

"I see... May I ask, how's lord alpheus?" Jennette asked me her voice getting noticeably softer.

"He's doing well, I think your the only one who could get that man out of his office. He only comes out to summit documents or to inform me of a new development." I replied putting and hand on her shoulder for comfort.