Chapter 1: Coming Home

5 years, it's been 5 long painful years since Kumiko has walked back on the Hidden Leaf Village territory. Kumiko staggers and she walks closer and closer to the place she called home all the years ago. She knows so much has changed. Would they even recognize me now? She thought to herself. She could feel the wind blowing in her long brown hair matted with blood. The white bandages that clung to her perfect curvy body from ankles to her wrists were stained with blood.

"Just a little farther" Kumiko muttered to herself holding onto the scroll container containing such important documents that she herself collected. She completed her mission. The mission only she could have done. I can see it. I can finally see home. She said  in her head. Holding onto a tree as she takes a deep breath and winces in pain. "If I can just get to the entrance and get this to the Hokage, that's all I want, that's all I need." Kumiko said. "Then rest finally"

She hears a familiar gentle voice ahead of her.
"Kurenai?" Kumiko called out as she rounded the clearing. "Kurenai? Is that you?" Kumiko holds onto a tree steading herself.
"Who is there?" A deeper voice called out pulling out a kunai. The leaves ruffle around.
"Asuma?" The girl called out. As she appeared from behind the tree that was holding her up looking at her old comrades.

"Who are you?" Both Asuma and Kurenai say together ready to fight. Kumiko collapsed onto the cool grass seeing nothing but darkness as her eyes start to open and close. The two comrades rush over to the brown haired girl looking down at her noticing that her arm was wrapped around her waist. They see her ninja leaf head band wrapped around her other arm. They look at each other with worried expressions.

"Kurenai, we need to get her to the hospital now!" Asuma said "She has a big gash on her stomach and she's bleeding out"

"I'll run ahead and tell them to prepare for her, can you carry her there? See if you can get a name out of her or any other information." Kurenai told him.

"Yeah, just hurry!" As Asuma picked up the brunette girl he noticed her holding a scroll container. Kumiko opened her eyes slightly
"A-Asuma, make sure the Hokage gets this. It-it's very important. Tell him m-mission complete". Kumiko mutters out before all darkness completely takes over. Asuma moves the blood soaked hair out of her girls face and moving her mask down slightly to her lips. Why does she look familiar? Asuma rushes her as fast as he can to the hospital. He barges in yelling at the nurses for help. A bunches of nurses come running
"I need a stretcher!"
"I can't find a vein!"
"She's loosing too much blood"

"I don't know who she is, she just came from around a tree and collapsed onto the ground she knew mine and Kurenai's name she said that I have to take this scroll to the Hokage, that's it's really important."  Said Asuma. "Go take it to the Hokage, I'll stay here with her to make sure she's okay" Kurenai told him. Asuma runs off to the Hokage's office.

"My lord, I have something for you!" He barges in, out of breathe. "It's important! Some lady just collapsed in the clearing where Kurenai and I were and told me to give it to you." The Hokage grabs the scroll container and opens it up and take the scroll out. He carefully unravels the scroll analyzing it.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" They Hokage yellled. "At the hospital she looked to be in really bad condition" replied Asuma.

     "I must get there before she talks to anybody! She cannot talk to a soul!" Yelled the Third Hokage. With that being said he rushes off to the hospital. As they approach room 413 he hears "CLEAR! Come on, come on. Come back to us."

"MOVE OUT OF MY WAY" The Hokage yells going down the hall.

Lord Hokage walks into the room, blood all over the floor, dripping off the bed.
"We need a blood transfusion"
"Push one of epi"
"How long has she been down?"
" 10 minutes" the nurses and doctors communicate to each other.
The sounds of the many machines beeping.
"Clear!" Shocks shooting through Kumiko's unconscious body, lifting her up out of bed with each shock sending more blood splatting across the room.
"I got a pulse!"
"We better keep that pulse, let's get her to an OR stat!" The nurses and doctors rush off to the OR. Leaving a puddle of blood in the rooms floor trailing down the hallway.

"You better keep her alive! And do not talk to her until I talk to her, understood?" The Hokage shouted at them. They all nodded in agreement.
"I thought I would never see her again" the Hokage grumbled.
"Sir, who is she?" Asked Kurenai.

"That my dear, is Kumiko." As he places his hand in her shoulder.
Asuma and Kurenai looked at him dumbfounded. "How is that possible? She's been gone for 5 years!" Exclaimed Kurenai.

"Yes, because of me" said the old wise Hokage. "I put her in a mission 5 years ago. I knew she could do it." With a slight smile he walks away a few steps then turns back to face them. "Let me know as soon as she wakes up" The two comrades nod respectfully at him. Then looking back at each other confused.

"Asuma, you should to get cleaned up, you're a mess." Said Kurenai. "Who knew one person could have so much blood all over them." Replied Asuma.
"I don't think that's all of her blood..." Kurenai said softly looking back down the hallway. "Don't worry, I will stay here."

Author's note!

            Okay ya'll this is the first time writing in YEARS. So bare with me! I have the first 7 chapters already written as soon as this one is published. I'm not too sure, how often I will publish. I guess depending on how much everyone likes this 🤷🏼‍♀️

 I guess depending on how much everyone likes this 🤷🏼‍♀️

Picture of Kumiko! Im not an artist. So it's not the best 😬 disclaimer; I took a picture from google and edited the way I wanted