Chapter 13

Small time skip by like 5 days.

"That's it! You're doing great!" Rinka cheers for Kumiko. She closes her eyes as she focuses her chakra through her hands and the orb on her staff glows. She points it towards a tree and takes a deep breath and opens her eyes. Sending a bolt of fire through the tree.

"I would really hate to be on the wrong side of this." Kumiko laughed.

"Me too. You are very strong and quick too." Rinka agreed.

"Yeah, But I'm still about a second slower than what I should be. Hey Rinka, I was talking to Iruka the other day. He mentioned something about water helping to strengthen my legs. Do you think that would work?"

"Oh course! I wasn't going to mention it because I know you don't want to take the bandages off. But I can reserve the pool to where it is only me and you and no one would be allowed on there." Rinka says as she stands up. "It would help a lot."

"Hm, maybe we can try that. I'm not as wobbly as much, to where I don't need my cane as much anymore. But I can really tell that my legs get tired still." Kumiko says as they start walking back to the apartment.

"Great, I will talk to a few people and we will get it going. Besides, I'm only with you one more week. But I can still pop over and check on you."

"That would be nice. It's going to be lonley when you leave." Kumiko says.

"Not that lonley, I'm sure that Iruka guy will come over."

"I don't know, he hasen't talked to me much lately. I'm worried when he kissed me he may have regretted it." Kumiko says looking down at the ground.

"Nonsense. I've seen the way he looks at you. He has a big thing for you." Rinka nudges Kumiko's arms playfully.

"Honestly, I really hope so. There wasn't a day that went that I didn't think about him when I was gone. He was my biggest motivator. I wanted to come back home to him. We went on our first date the day before I left." She pauses and looks down.

"But when I got back it kinda seems like he doesn't want me. Or he just wants to take it slow. Like hes being cautious, or worried I'm going to leave all of a sudden again. But i'm also worried he may not want a relationship or anything with me" Kumiko says as she unlocks her door.

"Which he does have a right too. But I understand where both of you are coming from. I don't know what you went through out there. But it seems like you analyze every situation in the blink of an eye with every possible outcome." Rinka says and she helps her to the bathroom. "Almost like you can predict what is going to happen next before it ever happens."

"Yeah, I've always been like that. I don't like surprises so I think of everything possible before it actually happens. I trained hard with quick thinking. It's live or die out there. And I wasn't ready to meet my creator yet." She said smiling at Rinka.

"Well, that's not a bad thing. We are very glad to have you as part of our village. It looks to me your training has paid off immensely."  Rinka says unwrapping the bandages and helping Kumiko into the shower, something on Kumiko's neck catches Rinka's attention.

Did she? Oh my, there is no way... and she is alive? She snaps herself out of her thoughts and goes and gets a couple of towels for when Kumiko gets out. I know for a fact she's not going to talk about that anytime soon. I'll have to give her time.

She washes herself and Rinka helps her get out. Then puts her ointment on her side which is almost fully healed but is going to leave a big scar and wraps her bandages on her. Kumiko puts on a baggy shirt and some shorts. They proceed back into the living room and Kumiko brushes her damp hair.