Chapter 19.

Kumiko puts on her new dress. She looks at herself in the mirror and twirls around. watching the ruffles flow. Maybe this is too much?  What if this is not that kind of date?  What if I look ridiculous?  A knock on the door brings her out of her thoughts.

"I'm coming!" She yells as she rushes to the door and opens it. There stood a very well dressed Iruka in a simple white button down shirt tucked neatly into his black dress pants. She blushes hard looking at him.

Iruka stands there speechless looking at her. "Wow." Is all he can say.

"Is it too much? I can to change." She says turning back around. He grabs her hand stopping her.

"No, it's prefect." He says smiling kissing her forehead.

She blushes and closes her door. "Shall we?" He hold his arm out for her to take it. She slides her arm through his and they begin walking to the restaurant.

"You look beautiful." Iruka says finally breaking the silence. Kumiko blushes and walks closer to Iruka holding onto his arm a little tighter.

"Thank you Iruka." She says looking up at him. "And you look very handsome. I didn't know you could clean up so well. Let alone own nice clothes."

"Well, I have to keep a pair of nice clothes so I can take you out."

She smiles as them then a man in a mask appears in front of them stopping them.

"Hime, Kumiko?" The ANBU asks.

Kumiko's heart immediately drops she slowly nods her head.

"The Hokage asks for your presence in his office early in the morning."

She nods again and he disappears.

"This is not how I was planning how this was going.." Kumiko looks up at Iruka.

"It will be fine. As far as I know, nobody is leaving for missions for ahwile. The Chunin exams are coming up." He places his hand on her cheek. "Let's have this date and worry about him tomorrow." He leans in and kisses her gently on the lips.

She looks up at his eyes with concern. "Chunin exams?" She softens her expression." Okay, fine, let's go I'm starving." I didn't realize this was coming so soon...

                                        🍂🍃

They get to the restaurant and eat with not much conversation. "Are you ready?" Iruka asks.

"Ready? Ready for what?" She looks at him confused.

"To get out of here and go to our favorite place." He says smiling at her.

"Check please!" Kumiko says loudly.

They two of them leave the restaurant and start walking through the forest until the come up to the large waterfall attached to the river.

"It's still as beautiful as ever." Kumiko whispered.

"Not as beautiful as you." He says turning to her grabbing her by her waist and giving her a passionate kiss. She kisses him back with just as much passion wrapping her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. He picks her up bridal style and carries her closer to the river.

They take their shoes off and put their feet in the cool water. Kumiko leans her head on Iruka's shoulder and he wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. It has been really rough lately." He says.

"It's fine, I should be the one who should be sorry. My emotions are coming back all at once. I shut them off for five years. There is a lot of emotions throughout that time."