Chapter 18

"Kumiko, Kumiko." Iruka says softly as he gently shakes her awake.

"Hm?" She rolls over facing away from him. "My head is killing me. Can you please stop yelling?"

"I'm not yelling but you need to drink this and take these." Kumiko's rolls back over and sees Iruka holding a glass of water and some pills. She sits up and takes the pills and chases them down with the water and hands him back the glass.

"How are you feeling?" He asks her as he places the glass on the table.

"Like I have been hit by Kakashi's Chidori." She says half laughing.

"I figured. You were pretty drunk last night." Iruka says sitting next to her on the bed. "Do you remember anything?" He looks at her hopeful that she remembers what she said last night.

"Not really..." she stops and thinks about the bar, the rogue, when she got back to Irukas house, wait, I told him I loved him didn't I?! Oh shit! She looks at him kind of confused.

"Well, at least you're here. Safe. Come on. Let's get something to eat." He says standing up holding his hand out for her to grab.

She smiles at him and takes his hand. "Can I go to my apartment to shower and change first?" I feel gross."

"Of course. I'll come by in an hour." Iruka says as he leads her out of his door to her apartment. Iruka grabs her my her waist and gives her a comforting hug. "See you in an hour." He says then walks back into his apartment.

Kumiko goes inside her apartment and looks around. "Man I really need to clean this place up."

She continues to the bathroom and unwraps her bandages and strips off yesterday's clothes off then heats up the shower water. She steps inside feeling the hot water hit her skin. She gets her loofah and puts her coconut body wash on it and glides it across her skin.

"I wish these damn marks were gone already." She says looks down at her legs. Scrubbing harder in hopes they would just come off. "Although I actually like the bandages I would really like to not be afraid for showing off my legs once in a while.." she sighed and finishes washing up, rinses and gets out. She grabs a towel for her hair then one for her body then walks into the bedroom.

She goes to her drawer and grabs her ninja outfit and puts it on. Next she wraps her bandages carefully on her arms making sure they are wrapped together tightly enough so she can still bend.

She hears a knock on her door. "Oh, must be Iruka already. I didn't think I took that long."  She walks to the door and opens it for Iruka. "Come in. I just need to finish my hair then I'm ready." He takes a seat on the couch.

Kumiko walks back to the bathroom and lightly brushes her hair and shakes it out. Watching it fall over her shoulders and some in her face. She walks back into the living room. "Ready?" She asks him. He nods and they leave her apartment.

"Do you want ramen?" Iruka asks sliding his hand into hers as they walk.

"We haven't had breakfast." Kumiko said as she blushed.

"It's already midday. I think breakfast is already over." He said while laughing.

"Geez, I didn't realize it was so late." She says sweat dropping.

"Well, I let you sleep, you looked very peaceful and figured you needed it."

They get to the ramen shop and take their seats. They order their food and begin to eat.

"So." Iruka starts off saying slowly. "I was thinking. Maybe I could take you out tonight." Iruka says blushing. This causes Kumiko to choke on her food.