Chapter 25

Kumiko slowly stirs awake slowly opening her eyes she sees it's still dark then looks next to her where Iruka lays asleep still on his back. She carefully gets out of bed not to wake him and looks at the clock.

Only 5am? Geez, might as well go take a shower and get ready. Doesn't look like I'm going to go back to sleep...

She kisses his forehead gently then walks out of the bedroom and writes a note for Iruka letting him know she left and will try and be back before the second exam begins. She exits his place and rushes over to hers. Gently closing her door and looking around.

She packs a bag for the next few days making sure she is prepared for what may come. She makes her way to the bathroom and looks at herself in the mirror. Seeing stained water marks on her cheeks, her hair a mess and makeup smeared everywhere.

Kumiko then undresses and looks at herself in the mirror again. Seeing the curse, the scars all over her body. She sighs heavily and starts the shower and washes herself then gets out and dries herself off. "Man I have a bad headache." She rubs her temples to help ease the pain.

Grabbing her ninja outfit and wrapping her bandages back on she walks into the kitchen and just stands there.

"Why do I feel so empty?" She says to herself looking out the window with a few tears threatening to fall down. "I've been crying about myself. The person I used to be and lost..."

Maybe you should stop dwelling on the past, and prepare for the future dear. A soft spoken voice replies to her.

"It's been a while."

Yes, it has my dear.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you any sooner."

It's fine brat. So tell me, why you are feeling this way?"

"Well hello. Honestly, I don't even know... I think since I'm so happy to be back home. To be able to be finally free.-"

Must be nice... the voice says in a harsh tone.

"Hush Tabiki. I think everything is just getting overwhelming.. maybe I'm rushing everything? Iruka, my friends."

The ANBU?

"Yes. Well kinda. I'm very proud of myself for that."

Whatever. I told you brat you are strong and smart.

"Maybe-"

She hears a small knock on the door. Ignoring her conversation she quickly answers the door to see Kotesu and Izumo.

"You ready?" Kotesu asks.

"It's still early though." Kumiko replies rubbing her head.

"I agree to that." Izumo says rubbing his eyes walking inside Kotesu following behind him sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, make yourselves comfortable." She mumbles as she walks over to the stove and starts making coffee. "Why are you here to early?"

"Well, we gotta get ready." Izumo says a he gets up and walks to the kitchen. "Where are you coffee cups?"

"Why do you have to drink my coffee?" She scolds.

"Because I'm tired and need something to wake me up." He mumbles tiredly

She walks up to him and smacks him on the back of his head.

"Hey! what was that about?"

"Well it seems like you're awake now." She says smiling at him.