Chapter 22.

Chapter 22.

"So, , Kumiko. I know you didn't learn much from the meeting. And I don't know the first thing about you." Akio says as they sit down. "It seems you already know Yamato."

"Yes, I've know him for a long time." Kumiko says smiling.

"Interesting. So tell me, what are you strengths?"

"Are you guys ready to order?" The  blonde waitress asks.

"Chicken please." Akio says.

"Beef thank you."

"Alright I'll get those right out."

"Well, I'm a fire user and I have a summoning. Uhm, I don't really know."

"Well, do you strategize your attacks?"

"Well of course." She replies crossing her arms.

"Interesting. Are you more jump in or hide in the shadows?" Akio asks as their food comes to them.

"Kind of both." Kumiko pauses for a moment. "I guess it really depends on the situation I'm in. I guess more the jump right in. I tend.. I tend to make irrational decisions." She says picking up her chopsticks and placing a slice of beef on the grill.

"Hm interesting. We should train together after the exams then." He says smiling at her.

"That would be great! We would potentially be the unstoppable duo. Plus, it would be good to train with each other to see how we can work together." She says smiling taking a bite.

"Hm, yes it would." He looks at her then takes a bite also studying her. They eat in silence for a while.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Kumiko asks finishing up her food.

"Yeah seems easy enough for me."

"Ha, easy? Is that what you think? Have you ever met the man? Seen him fight?" She scoffs.

"Well of course. But I'm sure we got this handled." He says smirking at her.

"You've never seen what he is really capable of..." she says softly.

"Oh that's right, I forgot you actually trained under him." He looks at her curiously. "How was it?"

"Excuse me? I'm not going to be talking about that right now." Completely insulted by his comment she looks at him upset.

"Oh I'm sorry Kumiko. I didn't realize it was that sensitive of a subject." He says finishing up his chicken.

She looks down at her hands in her lap and shifts uncomfortably. "It wasn't a pleasant time... let's just leave it at that."

"Very well. Here lunch is on me today. I'm sure we will be eating together often." He says standing up smiling down at her.

"Oh, okay thanks." She replies standing up they walk to the door. "Well, I can't wait to see what all you can do. And to work beside you." They stand outside of the restaurant and talk a little while longer.

"Well, I guess I will see you in the morning." Akio finally says.

"Kumiko." Kakashi says walking up to them. "I found-"

"Iruka!" She interrupts him. "I totally forgot!"

"I've been looking everywhere for you." Iruka says crossing his arms looking at her with a frown.

"What are you doing with him?" Kakashi asks turning to Akio and eyes him suspiciously.

"Oh uhh, you know catching up with an old friend." Kumiko replies looking at Akio.