Chapter 26

"You should probably get your wound looked at." The ANBU with the wolf mask states.

"What wound?" She asks looking down realizing that she has a gash in her thigh right above her weapons pouch pain finally hitting her. "I'll just wrap it up really fast and-"

"You need to be seen now."

"I gotta talk to the Hokage first." She says wrapping her thigh with a cloth and pulling it tight to help stop the bleeding. "I'll be fine. I've had worse. I gotta get going."

"They candidates are in the arena. The Hokage is also there."

"Then I better hurry." She says sprinting wincing in pain as each step she puts pressure on her leg.

🍂🍃

Kumiko slowly walks into the arena and stands behind the The Third Hokage along with other Jonin.

"Nice of you to join us Kumiko." Kakashi whispers to her. "Why haven't you gotten your leg looked at?" Eyeing her leg.

"No time." She replies as she watches a silver haired kid. "Excuse me."

She moves swiftly to the outside of the door waiting for a particular boy to come out.

Within a flash she has him pinned against the wall holding him by his collar of his shirt. "why are you here? Why are you helping him?" She hisses at him.

"My, you remember me huh?" He says smirking at her. "You know why I'm here Kumiko. You're not very observant are you? I think he trained you better than that." Kabuto says. "I'll be on my way now."

"Who says you were able to leave so soon?" She spats pushing him farther into the wall.

"Oh don't worry, you'll let me go, Lord Orichimaru will be thrilled to know you betrayed him."

"What are you talking about?"

"I have ears, and I see things. I know you well Kumiko. You will let me go. And I'll be on my way." 

Giving him a glare she lets him go. "If I ever see you again I will kill you on the spot."

Kabuto throws a kunai at her. "Until we meet again." She doesn't move as it grazes her cheek sending a small trickle of blood down her cheek. She watches him as he disappears, letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

Entering back into the arena and standing next to Kakashi again listening to Hayate finish talking. They start to walk up the stairs until she hears a cough she turns around behind her looking at Kakashi.

"What happened?" He asks using his finger to move her face to the side examining the fresh cut.

"Don't worry about it Kakashi."

"I will worry about it. You have a cut on your face that wasn't there a few minutes ago."

"This doesn't concern you. Now I must talk to the Hokage."

"Why are you being so distant?" Kakashi raises his voice people start to stare knowing she doesn't like attention directed on her.

"I don't know what you mean." She says in a monotone voice. Iruka walks up to the two putting a hand on her shoulder. She flinches at his touch.