Chapter 27

"You want to tell me what that was all about?" Akio says walking along next to Kumiko to the hospital after they finished talking to the Hokage.

"It's nothing." She says letting out a sigh.

"It didn't sound like nothing. Tell me, what was he talking about 'he knows'?"

"I honestly don't know Akio. I think he knows I'm in the black ops." She takes a step and stumbles a little bit, Akio wraps his arm around her waist helping her walk to the entrance of the hospital.

"Well, you know he used to be a member too. He is probably just watching out for you. I hear the two of you are close. I've talked to him he thinks highly of you, he considers you almost like a sister. He's just being protective."

"Hmf. Doesn't sound like him."

They enter the hospital and the nurses come and help her to a room. A familiar face comes into the room.

"Kumiko, I told you I didn't want to see you back in here so soon." Akie says coming up to her pulling the curtain between her and Akio.

"I'll be outside the door." He says.

"You know me Akie, I just love hospitals so much." Kumiko laughs.

Akie starts immediately working on her thigh. She grits her teeth in pain holding back a scream. After awhile they finally finish. "Well, you are pretty much good as new. You will probably have a limp for about a week, no torn muscles or tendons. You got lucky with that." Akie says finishing wrapping her thigh. "Oh, let me clean that cut on your face." She says cleaning it and putting some tape on it to it heal nicely then helps Kumiko out of the bed. She exits her room and Akio is still standing out there waiting for her.

"Ready?" He asks she nods and limps beside him. "Do you think the exams are still going on?"

"Probably, lets get back and see."

The two make their way back to the arena. Akio goes and stands by the Hokage and Kumiko makes her way to Iruka leaning on the railing next to him. "Did I miss anything?" She says softly.

He looks over at her examining her face, She's tired Where did that cut come from? He looks at her clothes, She has blood and dirt all over her. He then looks at her leg that she's not putting pressure on, her leg is hurting her.

"You missed Naruto's fight and a few others. There are two more rounds to go." He says looking back at the arena watching his former students fight.

Kumiko looks down at who's fighting and sees a blue eyed girl from the leaf village shaking hands with another girl from the Sound Village after Hayate already said to start. They both jump back. Both of them just standing there.

"What is going on? Why aren't they fighting?" She hears Naruto shouting then she hears two boys snickering.

"IS SHE FOREFEITING?!" He shouts again.

As soon as he finished his sentence the girl from the sound falls to the ground screaming. "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" He shouts.

"A student of yours Iruka?" Kumiko asks lifting an eyebrow he nods. "She is one of Sota's students."

"Wow, that's crazy. Looks like he didn't break her and it seems like she can handle her own. I feel sorry for her and her team. Sota is a tough one. He doesn't give breaks, rigorous training. I also can't believe he passed his team. This is the first team he has passed isn't it?"

"Some people want it to happen, others wish for it to happen. My team make it happen. My squad knows what they want and how to achieve it." Sota says stepping up next to them. "She is a tough one. I haven't broke her yet."