Chapter 6:

Another small Timeskip~

"Come on! You can do it Kumiko!" Asuma cheers for her as she is walking with a walker. Asuma has been coming during her physical therapy times for the past three days.

"If you don't stop I'm going to take this walker and-"

"I think that's enough for today." Said Akie.

"Absolutely not! I'm going to walk around this damn hospital. I'm not going to stay laying on that bed for any longer today!" Kumiko said out of breath. "I'm so ready to leave this damn place it's making me sick!" She said picking up her pace.

"That's my girl! Strong and determined!" Asuma said.

"Yes, but if you over do it, you will end right back in the same bed." The nurse told her. "You need to take a break."

"FINE." Kumiko yells practically running back to her room.

"If you keep up this is determination, you may just be able to go back home by the end of next week." Akie told her with a smile.

"I'm also supposed to go outside later today too. To finally get some fresh air. I don't know how you all work in such a stuffy place. I may just try and make a run from it." She said while Asuma helped her back to her bed.

"Trust me, you would not make it very far. The medication you are on is going to make you wobbly for about another two weeks after you do go home. So somebody is going to have to stay with you to help out." Said the blonde nurse.

"Wait, what?" Kumiko asks confused. "No one told me I needed help at home! ugh, at this rate I may as well just move into this damn horrid place!"

"Don't worry Kumiko, we will get it figured out. I'm pretty sure Iruka still lives in the same apartment building as you." Asuma said.

"Yeah, I've heard. I doubt he will want to help or anything. He has not even talked to me or seen me since I've been here."

"Maybe he is just busy, or scared to see you. I mean, you did just up and leave us all." Asuma said frowning.

"Yeah, yeah I get it, everyone is mad at me because I had to leave for a mission, that I had no control over. I'm sorry! I could not help that, it's really not my fault." Kumiko said as tears starts to fall down her cheeks.

"I think it's time for you to go, Happy paitents heal faster, and you are making her upset." The nurse says shooing Asuma out of the room.

"Thank you." Kumiko looked out of the window. "When can we go outside?"

"About an hour. I have some paper work to do first. " She said smiling "Get some rest." she said as she walks out of room 34. Once again, leaving Kumiko alone.

Iruka, I really wish you would visit me... I need to hear your voice.. To tell me everything is okay... I worked so hard to come back to you..

Before she knows it she is crying in her thoughts. And an hour later goes by fast as she hears a knock on the door.

"It's time to take you on an advent- oh, no, why are you crying? Come on, lets hurry and get you outside honey. It will make you feel better." The nurse says helping Kumiko to her wheelchair.

Akie pushes the wheelchair down the hall and out the hospital doors. Kumiko adjusts her big brown eyes to the beaming sunlight casting down onto them, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. " I cannot wait to be out of here. I feel useless, I have not taken a day off on five years."

"Lets get you under that tree in the shade." Said Akie pushing her to the tree and sits down on the bench.

"I'm sure your body really needed the rest Kumiko. You were in really bad shape when you came in. I cannot believe how fast and how well you have healed. Honestly, I'm even suprised you even lived..."

"Yeah, It's probably because of Tabiki. Plus, when I was gone, I did not have time to just lay around and feel better. If you stop or slow down, you become weak. Or like, usual you die." Kumiko said clinching her fists. "You have to keep pushing yourself. Never give up and never back down. Never let anybody see your weakness or vulnerability. Ever." She took a deep breath. "If you get caught slacking. There would be awful repercussions."

Akie looks at Kumiko with a concerned expression.

"I'm sorry Akie, I didn't mean to talk about any of that." Kumiko says taking a deep breath inhaling the fresh air again.

"It's fine Kumiko, just be careful about who you talk to, we do not want any word getting out. But I'm very glad to have met you. You are a very strong and independent person. Plus it also seems like you are not afraid of nothing. I wish I was like that." Akie said looking down at the grass.

"You really don't want to be like me." Kumiko said. "I'm nothing but a monster, I have fought my way to be where I am today, and I'm  not happy with how I have became the way I am. I wish there was a different route. I would change it if I could. I have done terrible things that I cannot take back." Kumiko looks at Akie and takes her hand. "You are a very strong woman also, you are the most kind, thought and caring person I have ever met. You stand up for what you think is right for you patients and you always get your point across. Don't ever look down on yourself." She said similing at her blonde nurse.

"Thank you so much Kumiko. I will miss you when you leave here." She said laughing with a few tears falling."

"And I will miss you too Akie, maybe we can get together and have lunch sometime when I am out."

"That would be great!."

"Good, now can we go back in? I'm starting to get tired." Kumiko said yawning.

"Sure things. I need to put some onitment on your wounds again anyway, and speak to the doctor about trying to get you out of here by next week. Maybe we can see if we can get you a home nurse during the day to help out for a week or two until you are  more stable." Akie said pushing the wheelchair back into the hospital doors. " I have a very trusted friend who would be great for you. My most trusted one. I'm sure I can convince her to help out."

"That would be great." Kumiko said climbing back into her bed.

"Alright you rest I will check back up on you in a few hours." Akie said Finishing up putting the medicine on her and wrapping her back up.