Chapter 7

"Let me get you your papers, go over your care, and get you dressed before they come to pick you up." Akie said as she keeps Kumiko out of the shower. She helps dry her off and get her clothes on then runs out to grab the papers.

"Okay, so, Here is your care sheet, medication sheet, and signs to look out for. You cannot over do it for another month. You are still healing despite you trying to be independent. I love being your nurse, but I don't want to see you back here any time soon. Your nurse will come by later this afternoon to check on you, help you if you need anything. Now, lets get you dressed. do you want to keep your legs and arms bandaged?." Akie said

"Keep them wrapped please." Kumiko said embarrassed. Only Akie and the doctor has seen her bare skin. Covered with such strange markings, and scars. It would cause her so much pain and embarrassment if someone  would see them. Thinking that she may take Kurenai's offer on going shopping hoping to find something to be able to cover herself.

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts. "Almost done, give me 5 more minutes!" Akie yelled finishing up wrapping Kumiko's right arm. "Alright dear, you are all set!" She said opening the door. There stood, Asuma, Kurenai and Kakashi. But once again no Iruka. A slight stab in Kumiko's heart wishing she would see him.

"Are you all ready?" Kurenai asked smiling.

"I have been ready for weeks!"

"Alright, hop on, I'll carry you." Asuma said squatting down to let Kumiko climb onto his back.

"I have to go see the Hokage before I go home." Said Kumiko.

"That's fine, then maybe we can go and get something to eat. I'm starving." Kurenai said. Kakashi grabs Kumiko's bag and all of her paper work.

"Let's go then." Kakashi said following them out of the room and out the hospital doors.

🍂🍃

"It's so nice to finally be out of that place." Kumiko broke the silence. As they walk to the Hokage's office.

"Yeah, must be nice to be carried around also." Asuma said jokingly.

"Oh hush, you offered, besides she's too weak to walk anywhere right now." Kurenai said patting Kumiko's back. "She's going to need a lot of help, in the next few weeks."

Kumiko groans. "I have a nurse coming to help out. Ya'll don't need to worry about it."

"Well we are going to worry about it. We can't have you falling over or getting hurt. You are finally back home, and we plan for you to stay home. Besides, I heard the Nine-Tailed fox kid is living next to you." Kakashi said.

"Who?" Kumiko asked in confusion.

"Uzimaki Naruto. he has the sealed nine tailed fox. Plus he is a brat and annoying." Asuma told her.

"Oh, he can't be that bad. I mean he is a kid. Right?" Kumiko said.

"Exactly, a kid." Asuma mumbled. "Kids are annoying."

Kurenai poped Asuma upside the head. "Hey, they are kids. Kids have to learn. Besides, you were not the most fun kid to be around with anyway."

"It's true, you were always aggravated and couldn't get along with anybody!" Kumiko said while laughing.

"Yeah yeah, you and Kurenai were not easy to deal with either."

"Oh yeah, it was hard getting you two out of bed in the mornings. Drinking all night. Asuma and I having to save both of you from guys trying to take you home." Kakashi said.

"Hey, we were having fun. It's not our fault that the both of you are party poopers!" Kumiko said and her and Kurenai giggled.

"We need to have a night out when you're better! It'll be like old times!" Kurenai said excitedly.

"Yes! We need to do that!" Kumiko agreed.
The two men groan in annoyance.

🍂🍃

They walk up to the Hokages office and knock.

"Come on in!" Hollard the Hokage. The four of them enter the office and Asuma sits Kumiko on a chair. "Ah, I see you are finally out. I assume you are still on leave." He looks at the three standing ninjas. "I need you three to leave for a bit. I need to talk to Kumiko, alone." The three Jonin nod and leave closing the door behind them.

"So, what are your plans once you fully recover?" Asks the Hokage shuffling papers.

"Oh uhm, probably go back on missions. Like usual."

The Hokage pauses for a minute lifting an eyebrow. "Are you sure? I can set you up with with your own team this year. It's the new Jonin's year for a team. I can get you to work in the village. I can-"

"In all due respect sir. I have been going non-stop for five years. I have been in the hospital for a month. I need to get back out there and train and build my stamina and strength back up. I'm not sure if I want my own team yet. I don't think some parents really want....someone who has been missing for so long to just randomly come back and start to train their kids. I think I need people to trust me again. Maybe after I get back to where I was I can have my own team." Kumiko says the last part softly. The Hokage looking at her. "Besides, I'm not a Jonin yet. I never got to take the final test.

"Well, when the time comes for the other Jonin to get their teams, I will allow you to join them on missions. We will start slow, and I can get you to help around the village. Besides, you have passed every test. You do not need a special test to become a Jonin, you have done enough for this village. It shouldn't take them long to welcome you back home. I know exactly what you went through and how much you have grown and learned."

"Thank you sir."

The two talk for a few more minutes.

A knock is heard on the door. "Come on."

Asuma, Kakashi and Kurenai walk back in. "Perfect timing, we are all done here." The Hokage says. "Oh before I forget, here is your new headband Kumiko."

Kumiko shuffles to the desk and picks up her headband. Admiring it. Happy that she is officially back in the Leaf Village. She ties it around her thigh. Feeling a sense of pride and happiness in a long time.

"Come on lets go! I'm starving!" Kurenai said snapping Kumiko out of her thoughts. Asuma squatted letting Kumiko climb onto his back once more.

The four of them walk out of the Hokages  building. "Lets get some ramen." Said Kumiko.

"Yes. Ichiraku ramen is open." Said Kakashi. They see a bunch of kids running out of the academy. "I guess they are out for the day." watching as the kids run off to the training grounds. They continue walks until the are to the ramen place. Asuma gently sets Kumiko down on a stool. She lays her head down. "I'm so tired and ready to be in my own bed." She says.

"You will after you eat. You need to eat more than just what the hospital was giving you." Asuma said. She closes her eyes and she feels a presence next to her.

"HEY TEUCHI! I NEED A REFILL!" Yelled a kid.

"Ugh, do you have to be so loud kid?" Kumiko grumbled still laying down her head.

"Comeone lady, this is the best ramen there is in town! Besides, my teacher said he was paying for whatever I eat tonight."

She opens one eye and looks at the yellowed hair kid. "I'll give you ramen money for a damn week if you stop talking."

"Oh that does sound like a good deal." He said thinking. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto! I'm going to be the next Hokage!" He exclaimed.

"Right, and I'm going to swim with pigs." Kumiko said sitting up. Be nice to this kid. She heard a voice deep in her head. "Well Naruto, I hope your dreams come true one day." She said forcing a smile at him.

Wait, your the nine-tailed fox kid? She thought her herself.

"NARUTO! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

Kumiko knows that voice from anywhere. She turns around and sees the brown haired man that she fallen to deeply in love for...

"Iruka?" She whispers.