Chapter 10

Kumiko sits at the table watching Rinka go through the cabinets. "Kumiko, you don't have much in here to eat. Just some fruit and pancake mix." Rinka says as she closes the cabinet door.

"I know, I don't even know where those came from. I threw out all of my food when I left. Didn't wanna stink out everybody around me by rotting food." Kumiko laughs.

"Well, maybe we can go grocery shopping later." Rinka said smiling.

"To get me out of the house? I'll take it!" Kumiko exclaimed happily. "But for now, a fruit bowl and pancakes will do! I love fruit!"

Rinka cooks the pancakes as Kumiko cuts up the fruit at the table placing them in two bowls. Rinka finishes the pancakes and places the plates on the table then sits down across the table from Kumiko.

"Kumiko, I don't know much about you. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?" Rinka asks as she cuts up her pancake.

Kumiko sits there for a moment. "Well, my parents died in the war. I became a ninja because I wanted to help protect my village like my parents did. I'm a very nice person when you finally get to know me but I don't let anyone in if I feel threatened. I keep my distance from literally everybody. I love fruit, grapes and bananas especially." She said smiling as she ate a grape. "I've watched two of my friends die, my parents, even though I was very little, I still remember." She pauses thinking about that day.

She has watch both of her parents get killed right in front of her as they were trying to protect her from being hit with an earth Jutsu.

"My parents died also." Rinka said bringing her out of her thoughts. "They were on a mission and got attacked my some rogue ninjas."

"Rogues are no joke. Trust me. They are ruthless. They are about no one, but their own self. Small child or an elder or even a traveling girl alone. They don't care." She says harshly. "The best thing about them. They have no worries. They don't care if they die. They don't care if they live. They just do whatever." Kumiko says as she takes her last bite of her pancakes.

"I see. I have a feeling you have encounter one before?" Rinka asks as she grabs the plates and her bowl as she goes to the sink to wash them up.

"Oh I've met many of them. But they don't bother me much anymore." Kumiko said continuing to eat her fruit bowl.

"What do you mea-" There is a sudden knock on the door.

"Who could that possibly be?" Kumiko says.

Rinka opens the door. "Oh hi, can I help you?" She asks.

"Hi uh, is Kumiko awake?" a mans voice asks her.

"Iruka?" Kumiko said a little more excitedly then she meant too. 

"Please come in." Rinka gestures Iruka into the house.

"I see you got your fruit." Iruka says.

"Oh, that was you? I was wondering where it came from." Kumiko said trying to stand up and grabs her bowl of fruit and walks to the living room as shes holding onto everything she can. "I knew I didn't leave fruit out before I left. I would have been attacked my fruit flies! How did you even get into my apartment?"

"Here let me help you." Iruka takes her arm and helps her to the couch. "When I got word that you were coming home I went out and got fruit and pancakes. They didn't have any eggs. Plus, everybody knows about that flower pot." He said as he gently helped her sit down.

"Well that was very thoughtful of you. I'm surprised that damn flower is still alive."  Kumiko said slightly blushing as he sits sits next to her.

"Eh, I may have helped water it some. So, how are you feeling today?" He asks.

"In pain, but I'll manage." She replied. "Rinka and I are going grocery shopping later. Would you like to come with us? Maybe you can come over for dinner? "

"I can't go with you. I have a class this morning. I thought I would check on you before I left. But I'd love to come over for dinner. Maybe I can cook for you?" He said smiling at her.

"You cook?" Kumiko says laughing but winces in pain and holds her side where her stitches are.

"Here take these, these will help with the pain, and this." Rinka pulls out a small pill bottle out of her pocket. "These will help calm your nerves when you go to bed. I don't think your neighbors will like you very much screaming like that every night. I heard you before I ever got to the stairs. If that dose doesn't work in a week let me know I will get a stronger dose for you." Rinka explained to her.

"That was you screaming?" Iruka said in shock. "I thought someone was being killed!"

Kumiko looks away in embarrassment.

"If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you Kumiko." Iruka said taking her hand in his smiling down at her.

"Thank you. Iruka, you've always been so caring." She said smiling back at him.

"Oh before I forget! I got you something!" Rinka said as she walks to the door and grabs a black cane. "I thought you may need this for a while."

"Awh, thank you so much! This will help a bunch! Let's go to the store!"  Kumiko said excitedly.

"Yeah, I must get to the academy before they put another spider on my desk." Iruka said as he stands up. "They are going to kill me."  The both of them laugh.

Kumiko stands up then he hugs her. Kumiko hesitates for a moment and hugs him back quickly. Heat rises through her body. "I will see you later." Then he walks out the door. Leaving Kumiko standing there.

"Well, lets head to the store." Rinka said. "Get you some practice with your new cane. Also. I didn't want to say this in front of him. In case you wanted to keep it private. But, It's not only a cane Kumiko."

Kumiko looks down at the cane.

"I had this made just for you when I heard about you. When you are done with it." She pauses and reaches into her other pocket for a necklace chain. "You can transition it to a smaller version  of it's self." She says as she wraps the chain around Kumiko's neck.

"That's so cool thank you Rinka!"

"That's not all dear. I had the people of fire create something really neat. We will practice it later on this week if you are feeling up to it. It only listens to you. Now, lets use some chakra and make it bigger!" She says excitedly. "Before you know it, you don't even have to use chakra it will just come naturally."

"Bigger?" Kumiko asks. She focuses her chakra and taps it on the ground then the small black cane starts to glow blue and then in a blink of an eye it turns into a tall staff with dragon climbing on top of it holding onto a red orb. "That, that is amazing." Kumiko says in fascination turning it as she inspects it. "Thank you so much!" Giving Rinka a hug.

"Let's go!" Kumiko said as she taps the staff again making it smaller.

Kumiko's staff but it's red instead of purple 😂

Authors note.
Bare with me guys. It's a busy week and weekend with 3 in laws birthday, Father's Day, my dads death date plus is birthday and my daughters 1st birthday!