✿Chapter 30✿

The sky was very chilly but the sun was still shining bright as ever. Levi halted to a stop as a tall figure caught his gaze and he smacked Erwin squarely in the stomach to silently get his attention. The blonde make made a coughing sound as air was knocked out of him but his eyes followed where Levi was pointing.

There was a tall, slender and dirty looking man leaning against a tree with a hat tipped down his face as if he were sleeping. He had some kind of tattered suit case beside him and it seemed to be over filled by the way it looked which was lumpy. Levi knew he could be Grisha because there was a pair of round glasses sitting in his lap. It had to be him.

Erwin looked over at Levi and raised his eyebrows as if trying to tell him 'are you sure that's the guy?' which Levi nodded in response. Everything around them went silent and cold and it was as if he were walking towards the man in slow motion as intensity filled the sky. Erwin nudged something in Levi's hand and by the way it felt it was definitely a gun.

Although he was the one holding a weapon, he let the other male lead the way. He had some kind of syringe which was filled to the brim with a scarlet coloured liquid. He hid it behind his back like anyone would but he was poised to attack with it at any given moment.

They were finally in front of the man who was recognized as Grisha and stopped walking. This was too easy; there was no possible way that a man genius like Grisha would be easily found in the park napping. Levi didn't know him much but he knew he was too smart for that.

Levi narrowed his gaze as he gently tapped the man's shoe with his toe to get him to wake up which was probably a mistake because it caused the hat on the so called man to fall off his face and finally expose who he was.

It was a dummy.

"What the fuck," Levi cursed aloud and kicked the dummy violently with anger. "He's tricking us, isn't he? He knows we're trying to find him."

"Levi, run," Erwin said frantically.

"What-"

"I said run. I've been in this cliché situation before and it isn't fun at all, trust me."

Levi did as he was told and started to run as fast as he could towards the exit of the park. His gun was still in his hand which caught the many awed stares of families and people passing by. The air was chilling him to the bone but even so he felt himself sweat.

"Why are we running?" Levi said as he gasped for air.

"Something's up. He's probably trying to get us into a trap."

They continued running until they reached the park entrance and huffed for much needed oxygen. They were completely drained and had almost no energy left. Just when Levi was going to ask more questions, he felt something puncture him in the back and he immediately felt sharp and hot pain run down his veins. He screamed silently as he fell to the ground. Before Erwin could react, he also fell in pain.

The two men had no idea what was happening and for some reason, they were unable to speak or even move; It was like experiencing sleep paralysis and that was always terrifying. The only thing on Levi's body that was able to move were his soundless lips and twitching fingertips but he couldn't do much but wonder what had happen to them.

There was a tall figure leaning over them and by now they could both hear the horrified screaming of innocent citizens. Levi couldn't see much but their attacker's boots were spiked as if used as a weapon if necessary. Levi grit his teeth in anger as his body refused to cooperate and move, he was paralyzed.

"Oh, Erwin, you were right," a deep and mischievous told them. "I thought you two were smarter than this. I actually thought you were able to get away."