☆Chapter 25☆

"Carla," he repeated again but this time in a quiet voice.

She still seemed to hear her name but she looked confused because she didn't know why this short guy with a messy undercut knew her name. Levi snapped to his senses when she got a punch to the stomach and he just couldn't stand there and watch a lady being beaten up. He ran with full force towards her captors and punched the guy that was holding her back. His face immediately twisted with pain and agony as he let go of Carla to cover his now bruised face.

The second man who was still hitting her, started to realize what had happened to his partner in crime so he threw Carla over his back and started to make a run with for it. Levi knew what he was going to do before it even happened so of course he ran right after him. He was angry. He was mad because he found it so pathetic that two grown men would bully a lady just to get money out of her.

It was ridiculous and stupid that they would go for such an innocent and harmless target. It disgusted him to know that scums like them would do such a thing because they didn't know how to get their own money. People like them spend too much time trying that they don't even have the time to live and enjoy life anymore.

Levi jumped and swooped into the man and tackled him to the ground hopefully without hurting Carla. Levi was short but he was heavy enough to pin this guy to the ground no matter how tired he was right now. He slapped the guy in the face over and over again and even punched him a few times until he knew he was definitely going to get a nosebleed sooner or later.

"I want you and your asshole friend to get your ass out of here and I never want to see you here again, alright? Scram, asshat," Levi hissed and gave a kick to the man's stomach.

The man scrambled to get up and started to limp away as fast as he could. Levi stared at his bloody and bruised hands and made a sound of disgust as Carla watched him carefully as if trying to discover who he was. She was trembling and she looked as if she just saw a ghost but she was still able to talk.

"W-Who are you?" she asked through chattering teeth. "How do you know my name?"

Levi flinched a little when he heard her voice; it was like listening to the older female version of Eren talk and that painfully reminded him of Eren. Her voice sounded so caring, sincere and concerned, kind of like those really nice nurses who didn't work for money but just to make sure you got better.

"You're Carla Jaeger, right?" he asked and ignored her two questions for now.

"How do you know? Are you after my money too?" she was whispering with fear and she was started to walk away from him.

"Tch calm down I'm not after any money," Levi declared with a frustrated sigh. "Sudden question but you have a son named Eren, right?"

"Y-Yes," she said quietly. "Who are you and how do you even know any of this?"

"I'm Levi," he said and rolled his eyes with impatience. "I'm your son's boyfriend."

"What?" she exclaimed a little too loudly and for a split second Levi thought maybe she was homophobic by the way her eyes grew wider and the slight frown on her face. "Aren't you a little too old for him?"

"Okay listen up. I'm twenty seven and he's almost nineteen. I am not a pervert," Levi told her and crossed his arms.

"H-He's still alive?" she stammered excitedly. "My Eren is still alive? Even after I..." she trailed off as if she might be remembering something painful from her past. "Even after I left? He's still alive?"

"Barely alive," Levi muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Your dick husband poisoned him with his weird ass drugs," he explained after a while.