†Chapter 13†

EREN'S POV:

It is now three in the afternoon and he still hasn't come out of his room since yesterday evening. Is he really that mad at me? I've also tried picking at the lock but it's no use because I have no idea how to do it and I may or may not have tried to knock down his door but it's either just too strong or I'm too weak because it won't seem to budge. After many attempts to try and get him out of there, I try the simple and easy way.

"Levvvvviiiiiiii," I whine loudly, "get out of your room you haven't eaten anything for so long."

"No," he answers simply.

"Whyyyyy notttttt?" I complain, "You said we would decorate the tree today and if it makes you any better I can shut up about you being short and pay up ten dollars."

"Why do you want me to get out of my own room so badly? Get the fuck off your high horse, kid, this is my house not yours. Just decorate the tree yourself it's in the living room."

By now I would probably tell him that he would pay up but I don't think it's the right appropriate time at the moment.

"I don't want to decorate the tree all by myself," I say and lean against the door.

"Why? You scared Santa will pop out of no where and tell you that you put the star on the wrong branch?" he asks sarcastically.

"Because I want to decorate it with you, moron," I say and heat up a little and I'm a little grateful that he can't see my face right now.

He's silent for a while which is so quiet that I can hear his steady breathing from the other side of the door.

"You don't need me. Just call your friends over and do it with them."

"But it isn't the same."

"And why is that?"

"Because you were the one who wrote the list so that you can do all those things with me so I want to complete it with only you, dumbass."

More silence arrives and for a moment maybe he's just tired with shit and started to ignore me but I realize I'm wrong when the door slams open and I land head-first to the wood board floor.

"Twenty cents, Jaeger," he mutters, "I'm still mad at you though."

It takes only five minutes for us to take boxes of ornaments from his basement then when we're all set we start hanging them.

"Eren, don't just put it on one side of the tree, you idiot."

"I'm trying," I mumble.

"Why must I help you with the simplest of things?" he says under his breath and without permission or warning, he grabs my wrist to guide my hand over to a bald, plain spot of the tree. "See? That wasn't so hard."

"You really need to stop doing that," I murmur.

"Doing what?" he asks a little confused and runs a hand through his raven black hair.

"Taking my hand like that...it's weird."

"I think the word you meant is gay, wasn't it?" he sneers.

"No what are you-"

"Honestly, Jaeger, i don't care about my and your sexuality. Heck, I don't even know if l still like tits or not." (AN: i laughed way too hard at this line ofc)

"That's completely irrelevant," I say sternly, "and completely uncalled for."

"You are such an open book, brat."

"No I'm not," I insist, "What I meant to say is that two guys holding hands is quite odd."

"Yep gay."