1.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched in horror. My home engulfed in the flames along with only houses. The flames quickly spreading more and more.

My brother and sister stood on both sides of me. My brother 19, and my sister 14. Both promised to protect me at the low age of 10.

The villagers were starting to leave the village. No one knew what lied at the entrance of the burning village.

Screams soon took over the village. Boys, girls, children... Why... Why must it be my village? My home?

My brother and sister soon left to check out the screaming. I have stayed in front of our burning home. Almost forgetting how to move.

I was the prized jewel of my village. Nothing was allowed to touch me without my siblings permission. My home is where I stayed most of my life. I was forbidden to leave.

I wasn't allowed to do any fighting. My younger sister was allowed to at age 10. I was 12 when she started training to protect me. My brother is 19. 3 years older. He protected me from birth along with my parents.

My brother soon turned back when he saw what had happened. He scooped me into his arms and ran the other way with me. My sister soon followed keeping a close eye behind her. Whatever happened to our villagers wasn't good.

I clinged onto my brother more and more. I wasn't scared I wanted him to let me down. I got a good grip on him and pushed off his chest. I was free from my brothers grasp at last.

All I wanted to do was scream at him. No one ever told me anything. That pissed me off. "I don't like this b/n! Please tell me what's going on!" I finally build up the courage to say. My brother just stared at me. I never did this before and I think it surprised him.

He stayed silent for a while. That was until we heard our sister scream. My brother quickly ran after her. The last thing I saw was my brothers head and body decapitated.

I stood there is shock...my brother had just died...my sister was right behind the dark figure that was now feasting on my brother. I didn't have anyone to protect me now...my whole village was dead. I lost the 2 people I loved most in this world. I wanted to scream but my body wouldn't let me. I could only stand and watch my brothers flesh get eaten by a man eating demon.

The demon slowly looked at me as he finished my brothers body off. His eyes were filled with hunger and the need for flesh and blood. I was terrified. My body finally let me move. I quickly ran somewhere. I had no idea where to go but I knew I had to get away. Tear were finally forming in my eyes. I was unable to see the road ahead.

I fell to my knees. I didn't have the stamina to keep running. My brother was always the fastest runner. If I had listened to my brother... we could have lived...

I felt trapped. Playing a game of some sort. And I was about to be the loser. The demon grew closer to me. He almost made his presence known.

It grew colder as he came closer and closer. I thought it was him but... I felt something behind me..touching me.. I turned my head slowly..

The demons head and blood on the cold snow and my back... I covered my mouth to prevent a scream coming out of my mouth. There was another demon...

It had to be stronger than that one... I really don't understand how demons work but surely if one killed that one they were stronger. Right?

The cold only grew as I stared at the demon head fading in the wind. It was strangely beautiful to watch. The ashes of the demon followed the wind until the demons head was no more. I felt sorrow in the air. Maybe from the demon? Or the villagers.

I slowly stood forgetting about the other "guest" around me somewhere. Little did I know he was walking right to me. "Ara ara~ what a cutie we have" the voice spoke. Once again I froze in place.

He walked beside me then came in front of me. "You are quite a beauty. What's your name?" He says with a smile. I looked into the eyes of the demon. I couldn't tell what he wanted from me. All I knew was that it was indeed a demon. A demon with beautiful rainbow eyes. I finally snap into reality and state my name. "I'm y/n l/n.." My voice was quite shaken.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He says grabbing my hand giving a kiss. "My name is douma." He states starting to walk trying to drag me with him.

"I do hope you will follow. I will not hurt a beauty like you, so please don't be afraid of me." He says looking at me for a look of approval or something.

I put my head down for a second. Then I walk beside him and look into his rainbow eyes. "You stare at my eyes a lot y/n. Would you like one?" My eyes widen. "Won't you die from that!? Losing an eye like that?!" He laughs at me saying that starting to walk. I follow beside as he speak. "Darling, demons can't die from that. We can only die from 2 things. (Technically 3 but a demon killing another demon rarely happens) We die from special swords held by people called "the demon slayers" and the sunlight!"

"So you can't die from punches or taking your eyes out?" I question. He laughs at my curiosity. "No we can only die from those things." His words confirmed that my siblings would have died either way...and I could have even died... I owe my life to the demon next to me.

Even if it ment dying by his own hands (fans).