10.

It took only a day on foot to make it to the designated area the almost exam was being held.

Many people surprisingly had been here for this years 'exam'.

I looked around at my surroundings, purple flowers hung beautifully from brown branches. People gathered around in the middle of the trees starting point.

It looked to be I was the last one to attend due to the great length of distance you must travel to get to the location.

2 girls, one with black hair one with white hair appeared in front of us. They wore purple kimonos almost like the flowers above them.

"Welcome to final selection" the one spoke. "You have all trained very hard to get to this point." Said the other girl. They kept taking turns speaking. I didn't listen to much only to kill demon and survive a week.

We all nodded our heads at the 2 before we set out into the beautiful wisteria trees. I think these are the trees that keep the demons inside because it only took a few steps to see the atmosphere change drastically.

The trees were dead with leaves on the ground. The trees looked to be half dead with lack of the sun ray of light.

"Ooo a slayer I haven't tasted Blood in ye-" he started. Before he could finish spouting nonsense his eyes rested upon his body with no head.

"Demons make for a pretty nice playing ball." I say tossing the head up and then catching it as it falls. The demon slowly turned to ash as I played a 'fun' game to pass the time.

When the demon head dissolved completely I threw the ash behind my back continuing my walk threw the dreary forest.

Final selection didn't last a day and body's of participants could already be seen not moving. 'Pathetic people there trainers know nothing' I shook my head in disbelief.

Just as I was taking my first steps further into the demons home I heard screams not to far from my location.

Remembering was Douma instructed me to do I ran over to the screams. 'Show off my skills no problem' I thought jumping into the trees looking at the demon.

It was a huge demon had to of been here for a long time to be so big. "Ice breathing second form: ice-" I was about to attack until someone intruded. "Water breathing second form: water wheel!"

I looked at were the attack came from and swore to myself I've seen that kid before. I decided to jump down from the trees and join the boy.

"Oh another one of orakodaki's students?" The demon spoke. I looked at the demon actually confused. "Before I kill you please explain who the hell he is!"

He explained his sob story that bored me half to death. "So traumatic!" I said sarcastically for speaking again. "Ice breathing first form: iceberg." I quickly finished the battle.

My glare back at the demons decapitated head with bloodlust showering over my body. "You have a demons scent all over you girl!" He protested hoping he could have a second chance at life.

Sadly for him, his head was already almost gone. I turned my body to face the familiar person who felt sympathetic towards the demon.

"He isn't worth your time. He killed hundreds at least." I said while also examining his appearance. "How's you sister doing?" He was taken back at my sudden question towards his demon sister.

"How do you.." it was only in that moment he realized who I could be. "Eh!? Your the girl from the mountain that one day!" I closed my eyes nodding approving of his accusation.

He awkwardly laughed rubbing the back of his neck. "You didn't answer my question." I said walking past the boy putting my sword back in the cover.

"Oh uh! She's fine." He finally answered. "She just..hasn't woken up for 2 years now.." he continued.