9.

Author note: ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!? 400 READS ON THIS STORY!? I am so incredibly thankful for how well this story is doing even though I don't think this is my best work. I'll try and focus on this story more than my others. Enjoy chapter 9 it's a rocky one.

"Again" Douma yelled unfazed by the 3 hours that just went by. "I'm tired!" I yelled back collapsing onto the wooden floor.

"This isn't training anymore this is just torture!" I was practically throwing a 5 year old temper tantrum but 3 hours is so longgg!

He sighed at my childishness as he began to think. He lit up like a light bulb after only a few moments in thought.

"Y/n try and cut off my head." He challenged. I peaked my head up tilting my head hoping that he's just joking.

To my dismay he was indeed not lying and actually got on his knees and allowed me to do so.

I gripped my sword picking it up off the ground. My hands were shaky, I was really gonna kill him..? I closed my eyes and finally swung the sword at his pale neck.

I felt the sword get harder to move. I opened my eyes and saw the sword not even half way across his neck. "That did more damage than I anticipated." He commented pulling the sword out of his neck.

The wound healed almost instantly which led to my breathe I held in for so long to be let out.

"You need to train hard so you can cut off any demons head. I see the way you look at Akaza. You always have murder in your eyes." He told me smiling and handing my sword back.

"Now that you know you are unable to kill me and how important training is let's get something to eat!" He says clasping his hands together.

My eyes suddenly lit up upon hearing those last few words. "Can we get soba!" I asked jumping up and down hoping I get an ok.

"Of course anything for you. As long as we train more after having a nice meal." He told me flashing his kind smile.

He clapped his hands together twice alerting his kitchen staff that I actually had no idea existed to come out. "Who would you like today master." 3 grown men sat on there knees as if they were praying to god.

"Ah, today is not who it is what. Y/n requests soba. Please do make some for her." He told them but he said a little more that I was unable to hear due to the soft whisper he spoke in.

I just shrugged it off with I watch the men scurry into the kitchen. The looks on there faces were enough to get me laughing. "Come now Y/n." I heard to the left of where I stood.

Douma stood in a door way waving a hand for me to follow. As he continued his walk through the door way I ran up beside him.

It stayed silent for a long time while we walked. Douma soon stopped causing me to run into his back. "Ow, why did you stop." I say rubbing the possibility growing bump on my head.

He said no words. He slowly started to raise his hand in a claw position and hastily swiped his hand to the other side of his body.

I heard a loud thud not very long after the swift movement of the demon. "Oh my, we can't have this now can we Y/n." He spoke leaning down to pick something up.

He turned around to show a demon with blood smeared on his face. "Someone chose to play in another demons den." He says chuckling at the pathetic demon in his hand.

The demon was missing an arm that soon started to grow back. The sight of this made me want to throw up. I knew I had to show I was stronger than his so I kept on a straight face.

"Well Y/n would you like to have the honors. It seems I missed his head." He told pointing to my sword with his free hand.

I looked at the demon. It looked like a sewer rat that crawled up to the ground. I drew my sword lining it up with the demons neck.

"You! Your training a demon slayer!? You traitor!" The demon protested. Douma could only laugh at his stupidity.

I kept on the serious face that began to come easily. "I am a demon slayer working for Upper moon 2. I will help him to repay him." I told the demon putting the sword in his neck.

"Good job Y/n yet another kill!" Douma says in the distance now by my side.

It's been 2 years since Douma started training me. My training had gone well and had made my own breathing style. We believe it's due to the weather conditions I trained in and the ice figures Douma had me train with.

"Final selection is just around the corner. You think your ready?" He questions. I turned my head to face him. My hair was cut from a past fight with a demon. It was just above shoulder height.

Douma suggested I cut bangs to make me look tougher and I just let him do what he wished since it was already messed up.

I put my sword back in its cover before speaking. "I believe I am ready. I will come back to you alive."

"Perfect! That's the spirit y/n" he patted my head causing my hair to get in my face. "We must throw a party between you, me, and the upper moons to celebrate a great achievement for us." He had a proud look on his face while made me smile.

"Now, make sure to kill as many as you can to be noticed. This is the time to show off your skills." He told me putting his hands in a position to tell me to lead him.

I began walking back to the temple before I left to face my next challenge. Upon entering the temple all the residents within it presented me with gifts to wish me luck.

Since I started my training everyone had praised me for being the "protector of the land" unfortunately for them I was unable to save them for one thing. The one thing was none other than there 'god'.

"Good luck Y/n!" They all screamed excitedly. I flashed them a smile before walking to my room retrieving my haori from the floor.

I was surprised to discover Douma had left the temple just a few mins ago. 'Didnt even wanna say bye to me. Whatever.' I though walking out and making my way to the selection to be called..

a demon slayer.