6.

Another demon slayer..I must be a magnet with these people. I quickly realized how pathetic I was being and fixed myself.

I bowed slowly and spoke to the woman in front of me. "Thank you miss." "Mr." The "lady" said looking at me. "I am a boy." I could tell the slayer in front of me was only a few years younger. Poor thing must have suffered. Especially with the lack of light in his blue eyes.

"You have a demons scent all over you." He stated seriously. "It must be one of the ones-" "It's a different scent from the one the demons had." He says cutting me off. He might be a kid but he sure is a smart one.

He quickly put his sword to my neck. "Your facial expression says a lot. You know the demon personality." My eyes widened at his words. "I have no idea what your talking about! Please get your sword away from me!"

He squints his eyes almost like he's studying me. "The possibility of you being a demon is 37% considering the fact that you could have killed me by now. You also are far to venerable to be a demon. "Excuse me kid! I am very strong! You demon slayers never have to learn physical combat. You only rely on your swords! You are venerable without your swords!" With those words I grabbed the sword held at my neck by the blade and kick the demon slayer away from it.

"What are you doing! Don't you understand you can kill yourself grabbing a sword like that!" He says starting to stand up.

He was right. My hand was bleeding, however I did have his sword. I now had the advantage. I held the sword by the handle in a threatening way. "Now you're defenseless, how does it feel to be a normal defenseless human!?" I stepped close to the defenseless demon slayer, until I felt cold air hit my skin. "Douma.." I whispered to myself.

I quickly ran outside with the sword still in my hands and the kid yelling after me. "At least slay that demon of yours if your gonna steal my sword!" I ignored his comment and kept running. Well I ran until I noticed the lack of weight from my right hand. The sword was gone?!

"Did you do this on purpose?" I hear from behind me. "If you were in trouble you could have yelled for me y/n, but that's not really the point. Why do you have a sword." I knew it was douma.. so why couldn't I speak or look at him.? My breathing started to grow low and heavy. I could only see my bleeding hand. Blood dripped down my hand like a leak that you can't stop.

"Y/n, answer me." The way his tone changed with those 3 words immediately triggered me to say something. I balled up my hand to try and slow the bleeding, turned around and spoke at last. "I'm sorry Mister Douma please forgive me from running off!" I realized something in that moment..I was scared of the only person I could call a friend.

Even so..I did grab the sword so he could find me by a blood scent. No way I would have grabbed that sword just to threaten that poor boy!

"Don't apologize answer my questions! Why do you have a sword, and why/how did you get hurt." He finished his words and soon realized why I wasn't answering nor looking at him.

He put his hand on my back and pulled me into his chest giving me a hug. "If I was scaring you, I'm sorry. I had no idea you felt that way around me." He sounded sincere and kind again. But it made me wonder why he cared so much now.

"Im not mad y/n, I'm worried about what happened. I let this happen by upsetting you." My eyes widened at that. Was I upset? Is that why I was so easily lead into that trap? But what was I upset over exactly? Soon my thoughts were interrupted by me remembering Douma wanted answers.

"I got the sword from a demon slayer..I grabbed it from him by the blade so you could find me and rescue me. And here you are!" I say finally looking into his eyes and smiling. He gave a warm smile back at me before inspecting the sword. "What a fine blade...if used correctly it could cut off my head.. although I can tell the user was incompetent, has chips all over it." Douma comments smugly.

"Y/n, this sword actually might be of use to us!" He beams at me. Hearing what I did was useful felt good. It might sound weird but being praised for the first time feels good to a person.

"Ah. So you ran off to the girl." A voice erupts from the white snow. "Your lucky your a girl or I wouldn't be able to stop myself from feasting on you." Akaza says with a serious expression. He was probably telling me to wrap it up, but I ignore the hint.

"Kokushibo requested we meet in the infinity castle. Also keep that sword away from me. It's not something I want to look at." That was all the pink haired demon spoke as he ran off.

"So bossy even though he's so weak. Beat him even though he's older than me too!" Douma laughed at his own words as I was still taking in how I did something good and useful. In the moment I may have gotten ahead of myself.

"Hey, Mister Douma?" I question. He hummed in response to my call. "What if I become a slayer?"

If he had liquid in his mouth he would have spit it all over me. "Y/n please tell me you didn't ask that." Yet I had the most serious look on my face. "I want to be useful! I wanna help you and only you! So if it benefits you I'll do anything!" I never felt so confident in myself. Not even when I grabbed the sword. It might sound stupid. Im working with demons and wanna be a slayer, however, I could help them in that way so long as they trust me!

Douma couldn't speak a word to me. He stared at me blankly not moving a muscle in his cold dead body.