24.

Authors note before this chapter starts. I'm happy to announce my first actual story! I'm planning to release it by the end of the year! I am in the process of writing it and want it to be the best as possible. My plan if to release a chapter everyday upon its release. I won't release any details of it at the moment but stay tuned for announcements of the story as the days come closer to the release date!

Update: um I started writing this chapter like over a month ago and never finished it. I honestly had no idea this story had 9k reads and I need to update this. Sorry I'm working on another project as I explained above this. Ok I'm gonna finish writing this and then post.

I woke up the next morning to Koko shoving a bloody arm in my face. "Eat. Theres no way you're not hungry." He said, still shoving it in my half awake face.

I smacked his hand away and closed my eyes again. He continued to shove things in my face until I finally ate the limb infront of my face.

He sat next to me against the wall as I ate peacefully. "You seem stressed, friend..." Koko said, hesitant on calling me his friend. My eyes widened at the word friend that I was unsure he actually said.

I slowly calmed down from the fact he called someone his friend. "I am not stressed, it's just..." I didn't know how to explain it.

"You know we need you to be in the best shape you can. You're our weapon for the up and coming battle." He explained to me. "Douma has expressed his concern for you earlier in the night. He had found you in tears." He continued before finally facing me.

"Thanks for letting me know I have a stalker." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"You should speak with Douma. Not that I am worried about you. I want to express my concern for Douma. He says that he is going 'mad' and something about 'lust'. I hope it's nothing to serious." Koko said with the most serious face I've ever seen him make.

I tried not to burst out laughing at his lack of understanding for emotions. I can't particularly blame him for it though.

I stood up and left the room and started bursting out laughing. I filled the whole temple with my laughter as I made my way to Doumas quarters from the night prior.

The door was cracked open when I arrived. I could hear two voices inside so I chose to listen in on the conversation before entering.

"If your mad about her than I must be something far worse for her. Face it Douma, You love her" I overheard Akaza.

I was so confused I just decided to head in. "Hey Douma, what's this about you being 'mad?' Like in a crazy way? Koko is worried about it and wanted to make sure it's nothing serious." I spoke calmly.

He looked surprised that I was awake and found him. And Probably that he didn't notice me as well.

"I am alright my dear I can assure you!" He said, changing his expression to a smile.

I rolled my eyes knowing he's a liar, but just took a seat next to him.

"What are you guys up too!" I said cheerfully, changing the subject. I didn't want to think about what I had just heard. They looked at each other and then at me. "I was just about to challenge him for his title." Akaza said calmly.

My eyes lit up hearing that. "FIGHT TIME!" Douma looked a little confused but than looked to approve of it.

After I begged Koko to watch the battle he agreed and sat with me. "Put on a good show Douma!" I cheered for him before the first hit was sent by Akaza.

Douma took the hit with his arm which was severed but only for a second. Akaza kept landing hits and Douma just kept regenerating.

"He's treating this like a training session with Akaza." I said, pouting and puffing my cheeks.

Koko nodded in agreement but still remained focused on the battle.

Finally Douma made his first hit. He slashed Akazas face with his fan. I smiled at the scene below me. I was ready to jump down, but Koko grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

I was confused but then I heard more attacks and destroying of things. I took my attention back on the battle and saw Douma and Akaza going at it. I never seen the look in Doumas eyes before. It's almost as if everything was shut off in his mind and his motive was just to kill.

Before Koko could stop me this time I hopped down and grabbed Douma. I held on tight as he kept on attacking. I tried to grab his arm and pull it back but a recoil of one of his hits sent me backward.

Koko ended up getting involved after that knowing that a hit from them could possibly kill me. Also my regenerate is horrible next to them.

Koko ended the battle after cutting off many arms and threatening to kill them both for good. Afterwords Douma snapped out of whatever the hell was going on with him and immediately searched the area for me. When he saw me he sprinted over to me and looked at the damage. My arm was barely attached to me and I had blood all over me.

My arm was slowly regenerating but not enough that it was too noticeable. Douma was making a big deal out of it like it was my last moments on earth. "Y/n! Why would you jump in you kno-" he started to scold, but I interrupted him. "I'm a demon now Douma. I'm not that fragile. Though you could still very well kill me."

He still pulled me in for a hug and held me like I was a damn baby. While he was hugging me my arm grew back. That made him feel better by a lot.

"Oh good! My friend has grew her first arm!" Koko smiled for once and looked very pleased.

"HUH!? FRIEND!? AND HES SMILING!?!?" Akaza and Douma said staring at Koko then me.

I face palmed knowing they would never leave me alone with this one.