5.

Y/n pov

I could see slight tears forming in the demons rainbow eyes. "Mister Douma? What's wrong?" I asked with a shocked tone. I didn't think demons were the type to cry really. He snapped out of his thoughts regaining focus on me.

"Yes, I am alright. Might we finally head back?" He stood up and started walking slowly this time so he didn't lose me.

We arrived back at the temple and I instantly fell onto his mountain of pillows. "I'm so tiredddd." I whine. He wasn't bothered at all with me laying on his shrine of pillows. "Y/n darling. I am truly sorry for what happened at the meeting." His voice sounded sincere and honest. I couldn't help but forgive him. I mean I did bother him so much to go with, so I have to blame myself a little bit.

"Oh, it is almost time for my followers to arrive darling." He says coming close to me. I politely stand and sit next to him on the pillow. Remembering his memories made his heart ache. If he even had one. He finally took a seat on his pillows and awaited for the first person to come in.

As we were waiting I laid my head on the pile next to me. I think Douma noticed my boredom cuz he started braiding my hair. I had to admit he did really good with it! He smiled at my reaction. His first follower then came quickly bowing before him.

"Oh it is true! Kokuta has returned to us! We are all happy for you lord douma!" The man stated in a hurry. I look at the bowing man with confusion. Douma however, had wide eyes and started gritting his teeth.

"Mister Douma? Who is Kokuta?" I looked at him with the same eyes she had used to look at him which finally broke him. "Leave." He demanded of the man. The man only bowed once and left.

"Do not speak of that name Y/n." He sounded serious but now I wanted to know even more. "Who is she?" My words only angered him more. "I will not speak of her Y/n. She is gone because she was stupid enough to run from me!" My eyes widened at his response.

Was she Doumas ex girlfriend? Do I remind him of her...?

"I'm sorry Mister Douma." I start to cry, choking on my words. I'm always so weak. I cried at everything people would scream at me for. Even a sudden raise in tone.

I felt so weak. I always hated myself for that. Or maybe it was my parents fault..? For not teaching me.. I couldn't decide in the moment.

Douma looked down upon me I couldn't see his face but I knew his eyes were on the back of my head. "You remind me of her Y/n. She wasn't exactly my gf, however I was close to her like that. She brought me great happiness. Her and her small child that I began to think as my own." I could hear his voice grow to a low whisper the more he spoke.

I slowly raised my head to see Douma looking straight ahead avoiding further conversation. The room grew cold after that. His followers came in explained there problems and seeked guidance.

I could only sit and listen. Every once and a while people brought up how I looked like Kokuta. I could feel the room grow colder and colder everytime she was mentioned.

"Y/n, would you like to go out?" I assume he asked because everyone had left. However, why did he want to go out..? Is he upset with me?

"I have to meet up with Kokushibo. Then we can do whatever we want." His tone was as cold as the room we were standing in. I didn't know how I felt around Kokushibo..he was creepy..and...creepy...

"Y/n please, may we go?" He sounded irritated in that sentence. I really don't like his coldness towards me. Is it because of that girl..does he hate her since she left?

I didn't notice him standing in front of me. He swiftly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up till I stood straight in front of him. He didn't say a word while he kept holding my wrist dragging me into the cold winter night.

Everytime I would take a step I could just feel his drip grow tighter. I didn't understand what was going on, or what I did. I didn't dare speak even though I had many questions. The silence was also bothering me, walking in the cold with him holding onto me like I was some animal..

"Douma, I thought this girl was important. If your keeping her like the other one. Why be so rough?" The demon let go of the tight grip he had on my wrist and stared and the demon leaning on a tree.

I will admit, I was happy he let go of me. However, the demon that helped me gain freedom was the one I feared quite a bit.

"Akaza! My dear friend!" The blonde haired selfish demon greeted him warmly while I stood still wondering why I got myself in this mess. "Y/n..." I heard my brother say as if he was close to me. My excitement triggered me to run the way the voice was coming from. "B/n!" I screamed into the blowing snow.

I kept running through the cold snow forgetting all about the demons that were once next to me. "Y/n..." I knew it was my brothers voice. I knew he was strong! The snow started to blow in my face. I closed my eyes and kept running. Soon I felt to snow and the wind stop.

I slowly opened my eyes, revealing a house. My house, before it was burned.. I saw my brother and sister training together. I quickly ran to them and hugged them so tight. "B/N! S/N!" Tears flooding my eyes. They didn't speak a word to me. Didn't even move the slightest to hug me back. I slowly looked up so see 2 different figures that used to have the faces of my siblings.

"N-no.. it...it's not true.. b/n... s/n... stop joking with me.." The happy tears I had in my eyes quickly turned into sad ones. The 2 demons that could transform only laughed in my face. It hurt..it was like no one cared...or no one could care.. demons have no emotion. They can only pretend for the sake of keeping there identities secret.

"This girl is such a crybaby." The one demon snickered. "And gullible! Her brother died in front of her and still believes he's alive!" The second says still laughing. I knew I was defenseless, I was gullible. Falling for a trick like this, knowing demons now exist. I almost laughed at my stupidity.

"Mist breathing 2nd form." A demon slayer actually came and saved someone...