2.

We slowly arrived at what looked to be a temple and if reminded me of the temple I used to live in before my parents passed away.

"Please domt be afraid of what you might see inside," the rainbow eyed demon says happily. For a demon, he is very cheerful. That's what scared me.

He opened the door to the temple and that's what I knew what it meant to be afraid. I don't know how to describe it... it... it was just gross...

"Why are there girls' heads everywhere, Mr. Douma?" I ask while covering my nose.

"Please, just call me Douma. To answer your question, demons must consume blood darling. It's how we grow stronger, it's how we survive," he says going over to a pile of pillows which he proceeded to sit on.

"Mr. Douma, I meant why are there only girls' heads?," I ask, feeling uneasy looking at the pike of heads that seemed to go on forever.

"That is very personal. What, would you like the join the pile?," he says teasingly.

I stick my tongue out in disgust. "Anyways," he says, "please sit here darling," while patting a medium sized pillow next to him.

"Please ask anything you'd like!," he says, turning to face me with a beaming smile.

"How old were you when you died? How old are you now?," were my first two questions.

"I was 20, and I am now over 133," he says still beaming with happiness.

I asked him several more questions to which he all agreed to answer and gave me good answers. By the answers he gave me, he earned my trust for the time being.

"Now please, stay here," he says calmly, standing up to leave. "Mr. Douma! Where are you going?!," I say as I run after him, glued to his side.

"Don't leave me! What if a demon attacks me?!," I ask. I didn't like the fact that I was here, in demon territory. I read that if a demon is in a house or building, there's usually more close by.

"Y/n, if you come with me you'll be in even more danger," he says in a serious tone. It made me realize I loved his playfulness.

"But you can protect me Mr. Douma. You're strong, right?," I say staring into his eyes. That's when he realized I was referring to the number that was carved into his eye.

"Fine, I will take you with," he replied. "Please stay with me." His eyes didn't remind me of a demon. It reminded me of my brother's kind eyes.

He continued his way out with me right behind. I felt as if I was running, he walks so fast! The cold wasn't of use either. It only made my legs ache more.

"Mr. Douma!" I exclaimed, calling to him. My voice grew quiet from the cold. I knew he couldn't hear me. Maybe I should have stayed at the temple. It would've been warm, comforting. Why did my fear take control of me? It made me go.

I soon looked up to see that the demon I was following was gone. My eyes widened as I started to run. "Mr. Douma!," I shouted. No reply. Fear once again took control as I ran after him, at least I thought I was.

I kept running and running, looking ahead. I couldn't find him. My eyes started to tear. I couldn't tell if it was due to the snow, or if I was upset. I fell on the snow which broke my fall. It still hurt plenty, but not enough to keep me down.