Chapter 8 | Dungeon

Day two of being captured.

And day two of losing mind being locked up in this room. Like for fuck sake just let me out of this room atleast.

It was late in the afternoon and I paced around the room as usual, sometimes throwing punches in the air in frustration.

When I heard the door opening I sighed in relief, at least I will have some human interaction even if it's with my kidnapper.

But then I realised that I already had lunch, now what is he coming here for?

The door opened and Zale walked in carrying a few bags in his hand and Maverick followed behind him carrying a few bags too.

Like usual, Zale had a neutral expression on his face but Maverick, he was frowning and looked pissed off.

He dumped the bags on the bed and turned to Zale. "This is the first and the last time I went shopping for a woman." His cheeks were flushed as if he was embarrassed with what he had to do.

Huh?

I gave him a glare. "What's wrong in shopping for a woman?"

His head snapped to me and he said pointing at Zale, "He made me fucking do lingery shopping for you!"

"Underwear." Zale corrected sounding exasperated as if he already had this conversation a few times before.

Maybe I had seriously lost my mind cause I burst out laughing. They went lingery shopping for me?! Oh God! Just imagining these mafia leaders standing amidst panties and bras searching for a correct size is a freaking funny image.

Me laughing made Maverick scowl even more and cursing he stomped out of the room.

And Zale...well...he looked at me as if he had never seen anyone laugh. He looked intrigued and his face might be neutral and a constant 'don't mess with me' face, his eyes shone with amusement and something more.

When I was done laughing, I wiped the tears that had formed in the corner of my eyes and that seemed to have snapped him out of whatever daze he was in and he cleared his throat, his cold mask slipping on once and again and he made his way to the door.

The door was still open and before he could leave, I ran towards the door surprising him and went out of the room.

"Get back inside!" He shouted from behind me and I made a dash for the stairs.

Thankfully, Maverick didn't seem to be in sight and it looked like I had a chance to run away but he was already chasing me.

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping twice and made a bee line for the front door and tried yanking it open but it was closed. Fuck.

Shit.

Looking over my shoulder I found him charging towards me and I started to run again, this time towards the kitchen and I started looking for a knife like last time but this man was fucking smart as it seemed he had hid all the knives away.

Oh God.

I pressed my back against the counter and stared at him, for the first time I felt scared by him as he took predatory steps towards, slow and challenging.

Finding a glass of water nearby on the counter, I picked it up and splashed it over his face as he neared me. I mean obviously it wouldn't hurt him but still.

He halted and shut his eyes firmly, his jaw clenching as he wiped away the water with his palm and I took that opportunity to move past him and ran away somewhere, maybe back to the room and lock myself, away from him.