Chapter 20 | Peace

Does he have death wish?!

What if dad had not listened to me and shot him?! God, I can't believe he really just walked in here like that.

Hopefully he left before things could have gone the other way.

I have to admit though, I didn't realise how much I actually missed him untill I saw him standing there. After such a long time.

The way he kept looking at me as if he just came here to see me. He really messed up with my heart.

When I came back here a month ago, Dad and Dane were surprised to see me and asked me a million questions but I refused to answer them because even I didn't know what happened. Why did he let me go? And he kissed me too.

I just told them that he didn't hurt me and made dad promise me to not hurt him either, just to leave him now.

Dad increased the security around me, it's not that I was leaving the house anyway. I just stay in my room all day, thinking about him and Alaric.

Sighing, I laid down on my bed. It was midnight yet I wasn't sleepy. I wanted to see him again, talk to him.

I was about to close my eyes when I heard something, a faint of sound of something scraping against the wall. It's... it's the same sound the walls make whenever I climb out through the window.

Someone's... climbing up to my window.

I immediately sprang up and grabbed my dagger from the nightstand and stood facing the window, the dagger pointed towards it.

Okay, this person really have the nerves to do this and they will have to deal with me. I have to agree...my room's not that high and someone can easily have access to it through the window.

And then a hand appeared on my window sill a minute later and then another and the person groaned and pulled themselves up on the sill and I gasped.

What the fuck is he doing?!

I quickly went over and opened the window and took a few steps back, still in shock to see Zale climb into my room, panting as he closed the window behind him and locked it and drawed the curtains.

My heart was beating wildly, my eyes roaming over him hungrily, taking him in.

"Princess", he whispered, stepping closer to me.

I took a few steps closer to him. "H-how did you manage to come inside? How...what..."

"I waited for a few hours outside and watched when and how the guards change their places and then I slipped in."

"What about the cameras?"

"I hacked into them."

When I was close enough, I lifted my hand and my fingers grazed the bruise on his jaw where dad punched him earlier. "You got hurt..."

He shrugged nonchalantly. "It was nothing..."

I looked up at him, my fingers still on his jaw. "Does it hurt?"

He brushed away the hair from my forehead and twirled a strand of hair in his finger. "For you, princess, I can endure all the sufferings in the world."

And then my lips was on his without wasting another second, cupping his cheeks and kissing him hard.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist, my fingers tangling in his hair.

And his tongue was inside my mouth in a second. The kiss was both filled with hunger, passion and longing.

He would sometimes slow down to slide his tongue against mine making me moan or he would just won't let me take control at all and kiss me so hard it would render me breathless.