Chapter 17 | Whipped

There will be an extra update at 9pm IST. You are welcome.

Warmth engulfed me, an odd sense of comfort and peace and safety running through me. Sighing softly, I snuggled closer, my eyes fluttering open to see who this person was.

My face was pressed in their chest, so I slowly lifted my head to look at them. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Zale sleeping with me tucked in his arms safely.

He was in such a deep sleep that he didn't even woke up when I shifted back a little bit so that I could look at him more clearly.

Yesterday when I saw him there, I felt so relieved and...safe...as if I knew I would be safer with him, that he wouldn't hurt me.

It's funny how I have come to trust when I should be running away from him or trying to hurt him.

I lifted my hand and ran a finger down his face and cupped his cheek, caressing it with my thumb.

I don't what I was doing...I just wanted to touch him and I obviously won't be able to do that when he will be awake.

I inched my face closer to his. This is wrong, I know. I shouldn't do this but...

I brushed my lips on his jaw. But it wasn't enough. Just once more. And I pressed my lips against his jaw for more than a few seconds.

Okay, that's enough, pull back right now.

I closed my eyes and let my lips stay there for another two seconds and then pulled back, finally breathing again.

God, this man knows how to fucking mess with my heart.

Okay, now he should leave. I had enough, if we stay like this for another minute I don't know what I will do to him.

I tapped his shoulder. "Zale?" He didn't wake up.

So, I shook his shoulder slightly. "Wake up! Why are you sleeping here? Go to your room, asshole."

His brows furrowed and he groaned lowly and fuck, that sound did things to me, my thighs clenched together and I bit my lips. Shit.

"W-wake up." I again shook his shoulder and in a swift movement, he flipped us over, with me under him and he buried his face in my neck.

Fuck.

"You made me so fucking worried about you yesterday. I thought you ran away but then I realised you were in danger and I fucking lost my mind." His lips brushed my neck as he spoke each word in a hoarse, husky voice.

"They...they killed your...driver...I tried to save him but..."

"I know. You don't have to feel guilty. It wasn't your fault."

I felt kinda relieved cause for a moment I thought he might blame me for his death but I did try to save him.

"Zale?"

His face was still buried in the crook of my neck. "Hmm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to sleep."

"Like this?"

He didn't even hesitate. "Yes."

Oh.

I lifted my hands and placed one of them on his back and with the other, I gently ran my fingers through his silky smooth hair and he hummed in satisfaction which caused me to keep running my fingers through his hair.

"Zale?"

"Yes, princess?"

"How much do you hate me?"