Chapter 23 | Talk

Zale stopped the car a few blocks away from my house and turned off the engine before turning to me.

I undid my seatbelt and turned to face him. "I really enjoyed tonight, thank you."

He cupped my cheek and caressed it with his thumb. "I am glad you did." And he pecked my lips. "You should go before your father comes hunting me down."

I hummed and leaning forwards, kissed him fully this time but kept it short and sweet. "Goodnight, Zale."

"Goodnight, princess." He kissed my forehead, smiling at me softly.

He watched me walk towards my house and when I neared it, it was then he drove away and sighing I went inside.

In the middle of the the living room, dad was pacing back and forth and Dane sat on one of the couches with a frown and in a deep thought.

My smile slowly faded on seeing them and their heads snapped to me, and they scrutinized my whole body as if looking for any injuries. Aargh.

Ignoring them I walked upstairs to my room and thankfully, no one stopped me.

After I was done changing my clothes there was a knock on the door and the door opened and Dane walked in, looking pissed. "Was he the reason why you were glowing yesterday morning?"

Seriously? I rolled my eyes and said dryly, "Yes."

He seemed to be controlling his anger as he stood there grabbing the door handle, his knuckles turning white. "You don't know what you are doing, Jezebel. Stop it right now before you hurt yourself. That man kidnapped you."

"I do know what I am doing, Dane! You don't need to act like my dad! You don't have any authority to order me around, I can go date anyone I want!"

This time he stepped forward, his teeth gritting together. "I am going to take over dad's position soon which means you will have to listen to me then!"

Even I took a step forward and jabbed a finger at his chest. "Don't forget that I was going to be the leader in the first place. I was dad's first choice but I didn't want that position so he chose you because he didn't have a choice!"

His cheeks flushed with anger. "I'm trying to save you, Jezebel. You are my little sister, I care about you."

"If you really care about me then you must care about my happiness and my happiness lies with him. With Zale. And you can't stop me."

"He fucking kidnapped you! How can you love him?! How can you love him after he threatened to kill us all?!"

"Because he isn't that bad! Our dad killed his parents and took away Alaska. He just wanted it back and he deserves it! But now, he doesn't even want it anymore; why? Because he loves me!"

"What is going on here?!" Dad yelled standing behind Dane.

"She needs help, dad!" Dane looked over his shoulder. "She has a fucking stockholm syndrome!"

"No I don't!" And I shoved him hard making him stumble back and hit dad's chest. And I quickly slammed the door shut and locked it.

Tears fell down my eyes due to all the frustrations. He really loves me, why can't they believe that? I was so happy till I was with him, they had to ruin my night.

My phone rang and saw Zale's name flashing on the caller ID. We exchanged our numbers earlier this evening.

I picked it up and pressed it to my ear and I heard his voice. "Hello?"

Hearing him made me sob loudly and I sat down on the edge of the bed, crying over the call.

"Hey, hey, hey..." He sounded panicked. "Jezebel, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Did I hurt you? Please just tell me, princess."