Chapter 22 | Marriage

Oh, by the way, did I mention that this book only has 24 chapters and an epilogue? So, yeah, two more chapters to go.

Wiping away my tears I turned to leave and walked out of the front door only to be stopped by those two nuisance again and I gave them a challenging look that if they don't leave me, they are in for a fight but one look over my shoulder to most probably dad and they stepped away letting me leave finally.

There was only one destination on my mind and that was Zale's house. I don't care what dad says about him, I trust that man and he loves me and I love him too. That's enough.

I felt relieved when his house came into view, I really hope he is at home.

I parked my car and getting out of it, went to the front door and rang the bell and started fix my hair, hoping I looked okay.

The door was pulled opened ten seconds later by Zale who looked surprised to see me and I wasted no time in stepping inside and wrapping my hands around his waist and burying my face in his chest.

He closed the door and hugged me back, cradling my head. "Hey, what's wrong?"

I hugged me even more tightly and glanced up at him. "Let's run away, Zale. Let's get married."

I don't know why he found that amusing. "What?"

"Please." Tears welled up in my eyes. "Dad hates you and he is never going to approve of us."

"You told him?" Now he was serious.

I nodded. "I did. He didn't look happy."

He bent down and picked me up in his arm, wrapping my legs around his waist and carried me over to the couch and sat down with me straddling his lap. "And what exactly did you tell him?"

"That I..." I lowered my gaze and started to fiddle with the collar button of his shirt. "I love you." I have never said that to anyone romantically and now I feel nervous, what if he had already changed his mind about me?

I slowly glanced up to see him smiling softly with a slight tint of pink on his cheeks. "How much do you hate me, princess?"

"I love you." I repeated again, more firmly this time and I captured his lips for a kiss.

He grabbed the back of my neck and parted my lips with his and slid his tongue inside immediately. The kiss was soft and and slow as we took our time to savour this moment, being in each other's embrace.

"I love you." He whispered in between the kiss making me press myself closer to him, my fingers tugging at his hair.

I pulled back a few seconds later and started to press kisses all over his jaw and down his neck. "Will you marry me?"

His chest vibrated with laughter and he threw his head back, laughing. "That's one way of proposing. First, seduce me and then ask me to marry you."

I stopped kissing his neck and placed my head on his shoulder. "I am serious."

"I know." He started to stroke my hair. "I would love to marry you, don't doubt that but not like this. I want to take your father's permission for that first."

I scoffed. "Like he would agree."

"If he really loves you, he will. Don't worry."

"I hope so..." Then I said after a pause, "Let's say he agrees to our relationship then will you marry me immediately?"

"You want me to marry you as soon as possible?"

"Yes...if that's what you also want..."

"Okay. We will get married soon. Don't worry."