Chapter 12 | Something Worse

I rolled my eyes. "Are you trying to challenge me?" When he didn't stop coming closer, I lifted my hand and punched him on his jaw.

And I smiled in satisfaction seeing the bruise forming on his jaw but that only made him more angry as he grabbed my shoulders and slammed me into the wall making me gasp.

I struggled against his grip as his nose touched mine. "Don't punch me again!"

"Leave me!"

"Apologise!"

I scoffed and spat on his face. "Fuck off!"

"You bitch! You--"

"What the fuck is going on here?!" All of a sudden, Zale bellowed. My head snapped to the side to see the front door opened and Zale standing there looking extremely furious.

Uh-oh.

Zale's eyes kept flickering between us and he looked seconds away from exploding.

That guard quickly took a step back and opened his mouth to explain but Zale cut him off and gestured to the door. "Leave."

He nodded curtly and followed his orders, leaving us alone.

With his eyes still on me, he removed his suit jacket and threw it on the couch and continued to roll up his sleeves to his elbow. Fuck. Why is this so hot?

Next his eyes roamed the entire length of my body and his eyes narrowed. "Why are you dressed like that?"

Frowning I looked down at myself, I was wearing a pair of extremely short shorts and a white crop top that showed some of my cleavage.

I raised a brow. "Is there a problem?"

He was about to say something but he didn't, instead his jaw ticked. His eyes once again flickered to my legs before he forced them back to my face.

Oh. I think I know what's the problem. I mentally smirked on realising that.

He came closer to me, stuffing his hands in his pockets and loomed over me. "Did he...hurt you?" Is he concerned about me? For whatever messed up reasons, that made my heart skip a beat. Something's definitely wrong with me.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Should have seen his jaw instead."

He sighed. "I did. What did he do that made you punch him?"

"He was following me around like a creep and when I called him a dog, he tried to scare me so I punched him."

His eyes lit up with amusement. "That's it?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Yes."

"Do I need to punish him?"

I thought about that. To be honest, he was just doing his job and only I provoked him. So... "No. It's okay."

Are we really having a normal conversation right now? Am I having a normal conversation with him? My kidnapper?

He took a step closer and frowned. What is he doing?

Before I could realise what was happening, his arm wrapped around my wait and he pulled me flushed against him, I placed my palms over his chest trying to maintain some distance between us as I stared up at him with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" I whispered shouted, I don't why I was whispering.

His musky cologne engulfed, his fingers warm against my waist and for the first time he looked calm as he stared at me instensely.