Chapter 18 | Beautiful

When the pizza didn't arrive for another one hour we realised that Maverick had cancelled that order. He even sent the screenshot of it to Zale just to annoy him.

He rolled his eyes and called one of his men and told him to buy pizza for us because apparently according to him, he would do it much faster than the delivery man.

"We are not watching Encanto. That's a childrens' movie." That's the fifth movie he refused watching.

"That's not a children's movie first of all. Why do people think that Disney movies are just for children? They are so good and meaningful. And now you have to watch this, believe me you will enjoy it. And that Bruno song is a masterpiece."

He still didn't look okay with it as he kept giving me a weird look so I gave him one of the cutest puppy eyes in the world and his expression softened immediately. "Fine. Watch whatever you want."

"Yes!" I clapped my hands excitedly and put on the movie and settled on the couch beside him. Alaric was upstairs sleeping in his nursery.

As the movie started, I could feel his gaze on me instead of the movie and I squirmed in my seat and clearing my throat leaned back but he kept staring at me.

When I couldn't take it anymore, I turned my head to him and my breath hitched on seeing his face closer to mine and the intensity in his gaze burned me to the core.

"Is something wrong?" I whispered.

He looked to be in a daze as he brushed away the hair from my forehead, his fingers lingering there. "You are beautiful", he whispered.

My mouth slightly parted and I didn't know how to respond. "Um...you are beautiful too, Zale." Fucking smooth. Could have said thank you instead.

A beautiful smile formed on his face. "Thanks."

None of us broke the eye contact, we kept looking into each other's eyes, his smile slowly fading. His fingers trailed down my face and he brushed his kuckles against my cheek making me lean into his touch.

And then the doorbell rang and the trance was broken instantly as Zale pulled back his hand and got up immediately.

Shit. What the fuck do we keep doing?!

Somehow I managed to calm my racing heart as Zale returned with the pizza and set it on the coffee table infront of us and opened it, the smell of cheese and sauce wafting towards us and I realised how hungry I was.

I picked up a piece of it and started to chew on it while fixing my attention back on the movie and this time Zale kept some distance from me as he started to watch the movie too.

.
.
.

After we were done eating, I got up and switched off the TV, no longer in the mood to watch the whole movie. Zale leaned back on the couch, his eyes on me.

"Do you have a gym?" I asked him trying not to sound awkward after whatever happened earlier. "I haven't trained for...weeks..."

"I do." And he got up and gestured me to follow him.

On the ground floor only, there was door with a keypad next to it and he typed in a pin and pushed opened the door and the lights automatically switched on, the bright white light lightning up the room.

"Whoah." I exclaimed on seeing the huge room, filled with numerous gym equipments and a number of guns and targets.

I moved further inside and looked around at everything and once my eyes fell on Zale again, standing at the entrance watching me with his hands in his pockets, I asked him, "Will you train with me?"