Chapter 32- Felix's Coronation

The past few days have been a mix of calm, hectic, and just a blur. After the death of the queen, Felix became the King of Elodia. Actually, I haven't seen Felix recently. He's been occupied with the new duties of being king. His coronation is actually starts in a little bit actually, and, of course, I'm attending. As royalty, Felix, Kiyoshi, and Aria all erased my charges, officially clearing my name. I was in my room preparing when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in," I called.

The door opened, and in walked Marianne and Florent.

"Baker, are you ready yet? We've been waiting for like thirty minutes!" Marianne groaned.

"Don't rush him, he's trying to get prepped for his man," Florent teases. Florent walked over to me, holding out a bottle of cologne. They sprayed a few puffs on my neck, before leaning in for a wiff. "Perfect," they sighed. I rolled my eyes, fixing my hair a little bit. I reached for Felix's coronet that he gave me, but I stopped myself. I couldn't wear that to his own coronation.

"Alright, I'm ready," I said.

"Finally," Marianne sighed. We left my room, and headed down the corridors to the nearest staircase. "What do you think the coronation ceremony will be like?" she asked.

"I have no idea," I replied. "I don't think it's gonna be anything like the day I pledged my service."

"Well duh. A coronation ceremony is a MUCH bigger deal than a retainer pledging service," Florent chimed. "A coronation ceremony should be much more grand and extravagant."

"We'll just have to wait and see," I said.

We entered the throne room, and the flamboyance of the room hit me like a boxing glove. Colors everywhere shone through the windows, illuminating it with rainbows like a pride parade. "What the actual fuck," I gasped, amazed at the scenery. It was beautiful.

"It's lovely!" Florent gushed.

"Where's the food? I'm starving." Florent and I looked at Marianne strangely. "What? I'm hungry! Florent, come get food with me!" she insisted.

"Do I have to?" they whined.

"Yes! Now bring that ass!" she grabbed their wrist, dragging them off with her. I sighed, as I looked around. I noticed Mila, having a drink and socializing with other palace workers. I made my way over to her.

"Hey Mila," I greeted.

"Baker, hello," she responded, giving me a hug. The other employees slipped away from us, leaving her and I to talk alone.

"You look flawless, as always," I complimented.

"Thank you. You look nice as well," she replied. There was a pause in the conversation. Neither one of us knew what should be said in that moment.

"I'm... I'm sorry about your parents," I consoled. She looked at me surprised, but then a smile crept onto her face.

"It's bittersweet honestly."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I've wanted to know for years what happened to my moms. It was eating me alive. And then I find out, the person I was working for killed the people I loved most," she said taking a drink. "Kind of ironic isn't it?" she laughed.

"I guess it is," I chuckled.

"Besides, I think the queen got what she deserved."

"So what are you going to do now?" I asked. "I mean the queen, she's dead. "Where are you going from here?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I've been under her service for years, I never imagined I'd be doing anything else with my life. I'm stuck."

"Well perhaps it's time for me to be of some assistance," a voice called out. Kiyoshi approached us, looking absolutely radiant. "Mila, why don't you come with me."