Chapter 20- Dipping

I don't know how, but somehow we ended up at the beach. The night was clear, stars shone in the sky. The light of the moon reflected off of the waves, bathing the area in an ethereal vibe. Felix and I stared out into the sky, at the stars, picking out constellations. It was warm, but not hot, the perfect temperature. "There's Hercules," Felix says, pointing. I can't tell which constellations are what; they just look like a clump of stars to me if I'm being honest. "There goes Ursa Major! Oh, and there's Gemini over there!" he's so smart, and he seems to know a lot about this astrology stuff.

"You like astrology?" I asked.

"I love it. My dad knew a lot about constellations when he was alive. When he died I spent a lot of time in the courtyard stargazing," he said. He stared up at the sky, in a reminiscing-like fashion. His eyes sparkled in the moonlight. The light of the moon on his skin gave him an otherworldly glow. He looked like a greek god. If I had to pick one, I'd say he was Apollo. Or maybe Aphrodite. He radiated with the aura of relaxation, comfort, contentness even. His hair swayed back and forth in the light breeze. The sounds of the ocean waves were calming and peaceful. I roll over on my side to look at him. He looked back at me. His lavender eyes looked so full of life. He was so happy.

"You wanna go for a swim?" I asked, with a smile.

"But we don't have any swimwear," he laughed.

"So?" I start pulling off my shirt. I toss it off, hiding it in a nearby bush so somebody wouldn't find it. I unbuttoned my pants, and unzipped them sliding them down. I kick off my shoes and take off my socks. I'm standing in my underwear. I slide them off, tossing them aside.

"What are you doing?" he gasped. 

"Going for a swim," I respond, "you coming?" Felix stood up, and started undoing his shirt. He pulled it off, placing it in the same spot as my things. He undoes his pants, shoes and socks, taking them off. He removes his underwear, coming behind me. He throws his hat and glasses off, and walks slowly toward the waves.

I'm at the edge of the water. My toes are being dipped in and out by the waves, coming and receding from the shore. I take a few steps in, knee deep into the ocean. The water is cool, but not freezing. It was a comfortable chill which complimented the warmth of the weather. I look behind me, Felix hasn't gotten in yet. He seems hesitant.

"Are you sure we should do this?" he asked, cautiously.

"Do you trust me?" I asked, extending my hand. He hesitated for a moment, almost worried. But, he grabs my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine.

"I do," he smiled. I pull him into the water with me. We ran faster and further out into the waves, making our way to waist depth. I can feel the sand from the bottom of the waves between my feet. I dove under the water, swimming up behind Felix, which surprised him.

"You scared me!" he laughed splashing me with water. I splash him back, as he shielded his face. I see a rock not far off in the distance.

"You wanna go jump?" I asked, pointing.

"Are you sure it's safe?"

"People jump off it all the time," I assure him. 

"Fine, I'll race you there!" he took off swimming. God damn he's fast! I speed after him, but by the time I catch him, he's already there. I climb up first, I grab Felix's hand, and guide him up the rock, until he's standing next to me. "I'm a little frightened," he distressed. 

"You'll be fine," I say, calming him down. "Just watch." I take a leap off of the rock, turning in a somersault, landing feet first in the waves. The water is no longer waist deep. They most likely come over my head, I can't feel the seafloor anymore. I tread water, waiting for Felix to jump. He took a deep breath, and takes a high jump off the rock. He flips his hair back, positioning his body absolutely straight. He slowly rotates his body downward as he falls. He dives into the water, flawlessly, like a mermaid. He doesn't come up until a few seconds later.