Chapter 6- Betrothed?

I woke up next to Felix, he was still cuddled in my arms. We were still completely naked. So last night really did happen. I blinked my eyes, making sure I wasn't hallucinating. Wait, what time is it? I climbed out of bed which woke Felix up, if he wasn't awake already.

"Where are you going?" he asked groggily. He rolled over to face me.

"I've gotta go," I said, putting my underwear back on. I grabbed my pants and started to pull them up to my waist.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because, I've gotta get back to work," I said, throwing on my shirt. He sat up and looked at me confused.

"But I'm your job," he said, tilting his head.

"Well yeah, but I'm supposed to meet with your mom and Mila at 9. Speaking of which, what time is it?" I asked. Felix glanced at a clock on his wall.

"Quarter til nine," he responded. His face goes wide with realization. "Wait, what day is it?" he asked.

"Wednesday, why?"

"You have to go! Get out!" he hurried me to the door, I was still putting my shoes on.  He practically shoved me to the exit. He opened the door.

"Felix, you do realize you're still uh..." I pointed down. His cheeks flushed red with embarrassment as the rest of his face grew pale with fear. He clasped his hands over himself and closed the door, nearly slamming it in my face. Weird. I don't have time to worry about it, I've gotta go. If I rush I've got time to change. 

I heard the elevator ding. I turned my head and the queen walked out. She was standing upright, her shoulders back and head held high. Her nose was pointed in the air. She was poised, refined, yet still had an air of arrogance surrounding her. "Good morning your highness," I greeted her.

"Where are you coming from?" she asked skeptically. Oh shit, Queen Monette can't find out what we did. I'd lose my job for sure!

"Felix's room," I said, sweating bullets.

"Felix?" she chided, shooting me a look of superiority. "Whenever you address royalty, you are to use their proper titles. Am I understood?" she demanded.

"Yes your highness," I squeaked. "I was coming from milord's room," I corrected myself.

"Much better. Why were you in there?" she asked looking suspicious. I was sweating like a sinner in church. I could feel my palms getting clammy as sweat poured out of them. My heart was beating louder than a bass drop at the club. I felt my pupils dilate.

"M-milord requested that I stay in his room for the night," I stammered.

"Where did you sleep?" she insisted.

"On the floor," I responded cautiously. She looked at me, retaining her previous stance. She was more intimidating than the first night I met her. Almost as if she was lifting a facade.

"Hurry to the throne room. Mila is there waiting," she instructed me.

"Will you be joining us your highness?" I asked.

"I must talk to my son. Go to the throne at once," she commanded. She paraded off before I had the chance to respond. I rolled my eyes and headed to my room.

. . .

I quickly changed into a new outfit and rushed out of my room. My new room is on the third floor, much closer than before. 

I arrived in the throne room, Mila was already there waiting, drinking a bottle of what looked like hennessy.

"I thought you weren't supposed to drink on the job?" I asked sarcastically.