Ryujin X Yeji - Regret

POV | Ryujin

"Yeji.." I softly mumbled, putting her hair behind her ear. She grumbled, opening her sleepy eyes, "Hm?" I kissed her check, "You're so pretty." The girl laughed, "You woke me up for that?" I pouted, "Yes.. I love sleeping with you and you look so pretty when you're tired.." Yeji smiled and cuddled me tightly.

I held her neck, massaging it softly, "Your eyes are telling me you want something." She looked into my very own eyes, "Yes, I do what something." I chuckled, "What is it Yeddeong?" Yeji slowly gave me a kiss on my lips. I widened my eyes, looking down at our lips meeting. She put her hand on my cheek and slowly moved her lips away, yet staying the same distance she was before. I then have a feeling to where I was confident in myself and kissed the other passionately.

We made out for what felt like a really long time but was really just a few minutes. I smirked, pulling away when I needed a breath, "That what you wanted Yej?" She pouted and said, "Well not I want some more things that go along with that." I caressed her chin, "And what is that?" She narrowed her eyes, "I want to be with you." I laughed, "You already are." The girl blushed, "No like be with me.. you know.. like dating.." I opened my mouth and then gasped.

Yeji looked down, "I mean it's no secret I like you or anything.." I kissed her again, "Yes." She fluttered her eyelashes, "Yes what?" I smiled, "Yes.. I wanna date you." Yeji looked so stunned, "Really?" I huffed, "Don't make me regret it now." She chuckled, "I will not."

| Time Lapse | 4 years later

I sat down on our bed, looking at my phone, and just had a bad day. Someone opened the door which was Yeji of course and she sat down next to me, holding my other hand that wasn't holding my phone, "Hey, is everything okay? You uh looked upset when you came home.." I took my hand back, "Can you just leave me alone right now?" She blinked, getting up, "Okay.. I can do that. But uh.. Kwan is wanting me to go get ice cream for her because she said that I promised her after a misunderstanding or something and I wanted to know if you would want to go."

I stayed silent for a few moment and then looked into her eyes, "When are you going?" My fiancée stuttered, "I-I... in a hour or so?" I took a sturdy breath and stared at her. She came over to me again and ran her fingers through my hair like I always do when she's upset. I then breathed out all my anger and my head hit her stomach lightly. I put my hand on it, feeling the baby kick, and looked up at her once again.

Yeji put her hand on mine, interlocking our fingers, "That's our baby.." She gave a little chuckle. I kissed her stomach softly and then stood up, giving her a little kiss. My fiancée asked, "So what happened today?" I sighed, "I've just been stressed out." She transitioned her hand to my cheek and caressed it with her thumb, "It's okay, Ryu.." I whispered slowly, "And I just don't wanna show it to you because I don't want you upset." Yeji hugged me softly and I did back so I wouldn't crush the baby. She whispered in my ear, "Don't you dare ever hide yourself from me, okay? I love you as you. Every you."

I kissed her, "Yes. I love you too, baby." She cuddled me softly when Kwan opened the door, "Momma.... I wanna go now..." She whined. I went over to her, picking her up, and said, "Your momma is pregnant and has your sister kicking at her all day, let her rest a little bit." Yeji smiled, "Babe, it's fine, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't go for ice cream with my family!" I eyed her down, "Yeji, you need to rest." Kwan sighed, "Just get me when we're going," and jumped down from my arms, leaving the room.

Yeji laid down on our bed, "Happy now?" I laid next to her, putting my hand on her belly, "I think she's happy now." My fiancée pouted and said, "Baby, I think you're forgetting that Kwan is our daughter too.." I leaned up, "What do you mean?" Yeji looked down, "Well it's just that ever since I got pregnant, you've been all over the baby which isn't born yet, and well Kwan doesn't like it." I raised my eyebrow and scoffed, "No I have not. I've been precautious like any other partner would be when their fiancée is pregnant. Did she even talk to you?"

Yeji stuttered, "I-I..." and then she closed her mouth. She slowly got up, making her way to the bathroom. I fussed, crossing my arms, staring at the TV. Soon, Yeji came back in the room, and sat down next to me. She said, "Look I appreciate you being precautious, but I'm fine, Ryu. And Kwan did tell me that. She feels like she never gets your attention anymore. I mean I know she is not our biological daughter but Ryujin, she is your daughter, okay?"

I looked away, choosing not to say anything. Yeji got closer to me and kissed my ear, "Remember when I said you'd not regret me?" I moved away, "Yeji, just go be with your daughter because she likes you now." Yeji growled, "Shin Ryujin." My ears pinged and I tried to ignore it. "Shin Ryujin!" She hit my arm. I gritted my teeth, "Hwang Yeji, go be with your daughter and stop fucking saying my full name."

POV | Yeji

My heart pinged. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling my stupid hormones that made me want to sob. I ignored it for a minute and pushed Ryujin hard in the back. Ryujin held onto the bed and looked back at me, about to push me back but I got up, storming off to the bathroom in tears. I wiped them quickly but cried into my hand, upset that she wouldn't listen to me. Maybe it was my fault for putting it on her when she was having a bad day but she seemed fine then.

Why did she do that? I took a deep long breath and put my hat on, going to Kwan's room. She looked at me, "Mommy isn't going?" I whispered, "No." Kwan rolled her eyes and got on her jacket, holding my hand, as we walked out of the house.

Soon, we got there, sitting down at a table outside after we had gotten our ice cream. Kwan leaned against me, "Momma.." I sighed, "Yes sweetie?" She said, "You look sad." I bit my lip, taking a bite of ice cream, "I'm okay, Kwan, don't worry." Kwan just continued to eat her ice cream. Suddenly I felt someone touched my shoulders and voice say, "So what flavors did you get?" I clinched my teeth, looking down, as Kwan said, "Cookie dough! Mommy, you came!"

Ryujin picked up Kwan, holding her in her arms, and I just continued eating it so it wouldn't melt. Ryujin looked at me and I looked away immediately. Kwan said, "You should get ice cream mommy!" My fiancée chuckled, "Okay, sure. Go back in there and give the lady this and get me cookie dough," She handed her money. Kwan jumped down, running inside. I gulped, realizing we were alone.

Ryujin sat down in Kwan's chair, shortly after, grabbing my face softly, trying to get me to look at her. I refused, still upset. She sighed, "You're right. Maybe I have obsessed over the baby. And I just didn't realize it.. but you helped me do that. I just should have not denied it at first and be mean to you. I'm sorry." I didn't say anything. Ryujin rubbed my red cheek from crying and kissed it, "I love you." I don't show an emotion and just stayed quiet.

Kwan come out then and sat on Ryujin's lap as they talked and ate. Soon, Kwan grabbed my hand as I took her out to the parking lot. "I'm gonna go to the store, meet you two at home," Ryujin came over, hugging Kwan, and kissing me. My swollen and dry eyes, stared into hers. She mouthed again, "I'm sorry.." I took a deep breath watching her as she went back to her car, "Alright bye girls!" Kwan got into the car and I did too.

| Time Lapse | 6 hours later

It had been quite awhile since Ryujin had been at the store. I started to get worried. And I called her. She didn't pick up. I called her multiple times and texted, "Where are you?" So now I was all upset and got up, pacing back and forth which wasn't good for the baby but I couldn't help it. Then the door opened and there was Ryujin with shopping bags. I gasped, coming over to her, and hugged her tight. She blinked, caressing my back, "Why are you crying?"

I pulled away, hitting her shoulder, "Goddamnit Ryujin, you wouldn't answer me." Ryujin blinked, "My phones dead.." I huffed, letting her put down the bags. She held me, "Yeji, what's wrong?" I said, "Do you not know what time it is?" Ryujin shook her head. "11 fucking pm." She widened her eyes, "What? Baby I didn't know... the store was packed and by the time I got out it was packed. I'm sorry.."

I pouted, going into our room. About 30 minutes later, Ryujin climbed into our bed, cuddling me, "Yej..." I kissed her passionately and we made out for awhile. Ryujin held my cheek, "Baby, I don't regret it."