Find your way back

"Mr powers' you're awake."
I nodded looking around the hospital room. The doctor looked at me softly.
"Do you remember anything that happened?"
"Happened when?"
He sighed before pulling out his note board.
"Mr powers. You were speeding and endured a very catastrophic crash on the highway. You've been out for 14 days."
I thurrowed my brows biting  the inside of my cheek.
"This Shit weird" I mumbled to myself as I moved an inch, the more I thought about what had just been told the more I started to connect feeling with my body parts and soon enough I felt my entire body was in pain.
"doc you got any meds for the pain?" I gritted as I tried to endure it.
"Unfortunately you're already on the strongest painkiller, anything that you feel now is un...do-able. But the good news is you're healing at a rapid rate and you shouldn't need to stay in here for too long.
"Are you well enough for visitors?" The doc asked. Who the hell would even want to visit me? I can't even think of anybody I know right now. I nodded curiously as I sat up somewhat.
A little girl with a blanket walked in, she was no taller than the bed I was lying in.
"Dada." She spoke as she clapped her hands, I couldn't help but notice some stitches across her forehead and a plaster on her cheek but she didn't let it stop her from smiling. She got her blanket and jumped repetitively trying to cover me with the blanket. She huffed and puffed moving her twists out of her face. As she successfully got her bitty blanket to cover a part of my chest.
"Dada feel better now?"
I smiled down at her taking the blanket off of me and giving it back to her. She thurrowed her eyebrows pushing it back to me. I gave it back to her, but she shoved it back to me. I looked at her confused and she mimicked my face expressions.
I took the blanket and dropped it on top of her head.
"Boo!" She giggled pretending to be a ghost.
I fake flinched and she laughed harder.
"Kyrie what did I tell you about walking around-" she saw me and froze she had a busted lip and a arm in a cast but she was cute.  With the silence I just decided to explain to her.
"I think she's lost she just wondered in here tryna give me her blanket, this your kid?"
She looked at me in disbelief.
"Is this kyrie?" I said to her pointing at the little girl who wouldn't leave my side. Her ears perked up at her name being called as she looked at me with glistening eyes. I looked at the woman waving my hand infront of her face, she blinked a couple times clearing her throat.
"I.... I thought you were dead." She said, I looked at her face and seen all dried tears, her hair was in a messy bun and she looked like she hadn't slept in days.
"Dead?"
"You're alive." She smiled as she ran over to me hugging the life out of me. I shrugged her off of me. I don't know why she needed to get all close to me.
"Backup bro, I don't know you." I slightly pushed her off of me. And she backed up. She looked hurt. I hate when strangers touch me.
"Are you serious, do you know how much I prayed for you to wake up and your literally pushing me away right now."
I looked at her like she was crazy.
"You don't know me ma, quit all that yelling and back the fuck up forreal." I warned. She was about to say something the doctor quickly ran in grabbing her before she lunged at me.
"Miss Oliver can I pull you to the side for a moment?"
"Yes doc?" She questioned as they walked off to a corner.
Her face softened as she pouted. Her eyes got glossy but she took a deep breath and put a smile on her face.
They both walked towards me, she held kyrie on her hip as the child reached for me squirming in her grasp. The doctor looked at me before speaking
"Mr powers approximately 3 weeks ago you and your family.." he gestured to the 2 females infront of me.
"Suffered a severe car crash. You had the worse impact. Sir you've been in a coma for 14 days.. 2 weeks."
I stared at him blankly not knowing what to say.
"Doc with all due respect, I don't remember crashing-"
"Mr powers, when you crashed, you damaged your synapse severely. In other words. You hit you're head in the crash so bad that you lost your memory. Here at the hospital we have certain rehab facilities that can help you get back into shape. But it is very common for memories to come back naturally with time. I'll leave you to think about it and if you have any questions just press that button."
I nodded as I watched the doctor walk out.
"Dada dada." Kyrie yelled trying to get my attention. The woman hushed her whispering at her with bribes but the little girl wasn't listening. I'm guessing the woman noticed me looking at her and smiled.
"I- I didn't know you lost your memory, I thought you were just trying to piss me off, I'm sorry." She blurted as she bounced the child moving hair out of her face in the process.
"It's cool...you broke your arm?" I questioned.
"Yeah in several places. And this little one had to get stitches didn't you."
The girl nodded her head pointing to the stitches.
"I'm a big girl dada." She said smiling.
I just smiled at her politely.
"Baby we was gonna get something to eat, are you hungry?"
"Baby? You my girl? I thought we were family" I questioned her as i scrunched up my face in confusion.  her cheeks flushed red as she tucked hair behind her ear clearly embarrassed.
"...yeah..." she said as if she was questioning it. She's confused... I'm confused.
"You don't seem to sure about that shawty."
"Family as in. Mother." She pointed to herself.
"Father." She pointed to me.
"Kyrie." She pointed to the little girl who was now fully demanding my attention.
"Dada." She yelled reaching for me.
My eyes slightly widened. I have a kid. That's a huge responsibility I don't even think I'm ready for, I don't know how to look after one of those.
"With all due respect, I know myself. There is no way I'm her dad."
She just looked at me like I'd completely lost it.
"Are you good." I questioned when I noticed she wasn't saying anything.
"I don't know- as soon as you woke up you didn't seem like you wanted to be with me anymore." She mumbled as she put her daughter down in the chair.
"I mean it would be hard for me to be with someone I don't even know shawty." I said. She looked at me stunned once again playing it cool as she played with her nails.
" so what are you saying?"
I looked at her and she looked down at the ground.
"Don't worry about it, I know what you mean." She mumbled.