Bestfriends 2

|Kaare (car-ee)
3 years later.

I was at playgroup dropping the kids off but Kaare wouldn't get off my hip, his twin sister Kaidence had already ran off into the ball pit and was having a ball, but lil riri wasn't having it.
'Cmon Baby, it'll be fun.' I said attempting to pass him to the pretty darkskin lady who works at the place but he screamed the place down and buried his face into my neck holding onto me for dear life.

'You know my son hated going to playgroup at first.' She started.
'Oh yeah.?' I said looking up at her adjusting ri on my hip.
'But I just brought him in for the first couple of days so he could get used to his surroundings.' I nodded at her taking her information into consideration.
'Just bring him whilst you drop and pick up Kaidence, he'll get used to us.' She said reassuring me. I nodded.
'Okay, thanks.'
'Your welcome.'
I waved and blew kisses at kaidence and then proceeded to the car and strapped kaare into his car seat in the back.
'Why didn't you wanna go ri?' I asked pulling off.
'I protect you mommy.' He said playing with one of his toy cars. I looked him up at him in my rearview mirror for a split second before concentrating back on the road.
I swallowed the big lump that had grown in my throat.
When kaare and Kai were 1 year olds kaare walked in on something, someone his age or anyone in general shouldn't of seen. As far as he was concerned mommy was crying so that means what was happening was bad. Now he's scared to leave my side, always asks if I'm ok and just always checks up on me.
'I don't need protection kaare.' I said pulling up to A parking space in Walmart.
'I don't care.' He said still playing with his toys in the backseat.
I sighed and grabbed my keys stepping out the car. Kaare was only 3 years old, who was very mature, he doesnt like doing what other kids his age do because he'd rather be nursing me and being under my wing. I got him out and helped him onto the ground.
'Thank you mommy.' He said as I shut the door locking it with my keys.
'Your welcome.' I said. Ruffing up his fade. I held his hand as we entered the store and I went to get a cart handing him the shopping list.
I didn't put him in the cart because kaare doesn't run off, he simply just stays close.
'What do we need first?' I asked as we walked down a random aisle.
'Uhhh.' He said looking at the paper funny twisting up his brows.
'What's the first letter?'
'A?'
I pulled us to the side so we weren't blocking anybody then crouched down at the paper.
'Yes that's an A you know how to pronounce that.'
'And two pees.' He said looking up at me with his wide eyes holding up two fingers.
'Yeah so..' I said getting him to say the word.
'App, uh lez.' He said pulling a confused face.
'The e is silent.'
'What does that mean?'
'It means you don't say it.'
'Ohhh, apples!'
'Yeah! High five!' I said holding up my hand. He slapped it with his diddy one.
'Do you think you can find them for me?'
'Yeah come mommy.' He said holding the front of the cart and running.
He led me down an aisle and crouched down picking up the bag of apples and getting on his tippy toes dropping them into the cart.
'Thank you kaare.' I smiled down at him.
'Your welcome mommy.' He said smiling up at me showing me his milk teeth.
I got a few awws from people as they cooed at me and my sons relationship.
We collected our things and proceeded to the checkout.
'What you want for din-' I looked down but didn't See Kaare my heart pounded through my chest frantically, looking behind me i saw him talking to someone but the person was hidden by the aisle I left me cart in the line and went up to him.
'Kaare who are you talking to?' I asked still running up to him. He pointed to the person and looked at me.
'This man mommy, he says he knows me.' I caught up with him and when I looked at what he was pointing at nothing was there. I looked at Kaare
'He was right here mommy I swear.'
'Yeah ok.'
'But mommy-'
'No more sugar for you, you brain is going woozy.'
'But mommy!'
'Kaare.' I said with a warning look in my eyes.
He looked down as he walked beside me, defeatedly.
Going back to the cart that was in the line.