T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Admittance
_________________________________

Post Slughorn's class, I also hurried out of the room because I wanted to speak to Draco, and ultimately put him in his place for cheating, because I never got to that.

He ran deep into the castle and into a bathroom, though he did not notice me following him, nor did I notice who was following me. However, that person has not come into play yet...

Anyways, I pushed open the bathroom door and walked in, despite it being the boy's restroom.

Draco stood at the other edge of the room, leaning over a sink. My reflection showed in the mirror of the sink, and he glanced up. His icy eyes, which were pooled up with tears, glared harshly at me.

"I know you're here to yell at me, but I don't see why, if you never loved me in the first place. If you did, you would have smelled me," he barked.

I rolled my eyes. Always looking for others to blame. "How the hell is that relevant when you cheated on me? Straight slept with another girl after telling me you love me everyday!"

"I don't know! I wasn't myself when I did that! I would have never done that to you!"

"Well, you did," I replied sarcastically.

He finally turned to face me. His cheeks were stained with tears. I had no sympathy for such a little asshole, though.

"You're a terrible person, Malfoy. After everything, that's how you act."

He averted his gaze by looking down at his feet. "I really do love you, Y/n. I don't know why I did what I did, but just know I love you and I regret it all so much."

"If only you could tell me that rather than your feet..."

Draco glanced up at me again, very quickly. "Y/n, I do love you. I can't deny it and I don't know why I did what I did because my feelings for you are so strong. I'm sorry for doing what I did, but just know I love you, and I will... always forever."

The room went silent before I asked, "Who did you smell?"

He swallowed and started to fiddle with his rings. "You, of course."

I shut my eyes and sighed because I smelled him, though that was not something I wanted to admit. Not yet. Not until he can prove himself.

For now, I am here for the sole purpose of helping Voldemort.

"Good to know... I'll see you around."

Despite him telling me to wait, I continued towards the door. However, before I reached it, it swung open, and only to reveal my stupid brother.

"Why the hell are you in here?" he spat.

I kept my eyes on Harry as I went to walk around him, however he put himself between me and the door.

"Because I can be, now I need to leave, so would you quit blocking the door?"

"Why the hell are you still sneaking around with this cretan?" Harry jeered, aiming a pointed look in Draco's direction as he spoke.

"I'm not. We were just clearing some things up. Now move."

Harry shook his head at me and raised his wand; something we have never done to one another. Out of instinct, I pulled mine out, too.

"I know what you two are up to," he said.

"Alright, I'm sure you do, because Draco and I are such great friends!" I cried sarcastically.

"You used to be so sweet. What happened?" asked Harry as he kept his wand pointed towards my face.

"Step away from her," I heard Draco hiss. His footsteps were quick and I could soon feel his presence right behind me.

"You've ruined her," Harry commented as he glared at the two of us. "Just like you ruin everything else."

I shook my head and turned to face Draco. I may be pissed at him, but Harry was being uncalled for.

"Just leave. You need to rest," I whispered to Draco just as he tackled me to the ground. He pulled me into his chest as he began to battle with my brother. One of his hands was wrapped firmly around my waist, while he used his other to battle Harry.

Why the battle broke out, I don't know. I was not expecting Harry to actually fire a spell.

However, Draco pulled me up to my feet and we ran behind a wall. Water was beginning to pool at our feet since a pipe had burst amidst the duel.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked quickly as he peered around the wall to make sure Harry was not about to launch a surprise attack on us.

"I'm fine, Draco," I murmured.

He sighed and glanced back around the wall. My heart dropped as I heard him get interrupted in the middle of him trying to cast the cruciatus curse.

Draco flew into the middle of the bathroom, right in the middle of a huge puddle. Both Harry and I ran to his side as the water turned red.

I felt myself go numb as Draco groaned in pain. Blood was spilling out of his body at a dangerous amount of time, and I knew that if we did not act fast, he would be dead in a matter of minutes.

"You piece of shit! What're you doing!? Go get help!" I bossed Harry.

He scrambled up to his feet and out of the bathroom while I glanced down at Draco. He was grimacing in pain and I felt so bad for him.

"I'm so sorry," he just barely managed to choke out.

Despite all he has done, I felt the tears forming in my eyes. I ran a hand through his hair and let one of my tears land on his face.

"Shh," I hushed. "Just stay calm. Help will be here soon."

"I love you," he whispered as tears also fell down his cheeks.

Afraid it could possibly be the last time I see him, I said, "I love you too... but please hang on for just a few more minutes. I can't lose you."

"Y/n, I c-can't."

It seemed to be just in time that Snape burst in. A sigh left me as he stooped down beside us.

"You can, Draco. It's okay," I whispered as I took his hand.

His pain seemed to stop as Snape waved his wand over Draco's body, and the wounds mended themselves. Relief washed over me as Draco sat up slowly.

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, Mr. Malfoy," said Snape. "Miss Potter, I am sure you have elsewhere to be."

I felt my cheeks turn red and I nodded. "Right, of course. Sorry, professor."

With one final glance, I looked at Draco. I was simply so grateful that he was alive because he is all I have left. After what he said, I know he cares for me... it will just take time for me to learn to trust him again.