7

It was the weekend and all Chris told me was to be ready, he was picking me up first thing in the morning and we were getting breakfast, then heading out. I was told to pack a bag for the weekend which confused me even more. I figured maybe I was just staying at his place all weekend since he had been staying with me recently. I saw Chris pull in my driveway and I smiled opening the door as he walked up on my porch.

"Hi." I said and he leaned down and kissed me.

"Ready to go?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I am." I said and bent down to grab my bag but he grabbed it before me.

"So what am I staying at your place all weekend?" I asked and Chris didn't say anything as we got in the car.

"Chris?" I asked and he just sighed.

"Can you just let me keep as much of this to myself while I can? I want to surprise you." Chris said and smiled as I took his hand.

"Okay, I wont ask anymore questions." I said and Chris smiled. I looked at his attire finally and noticed he was in shorts and a t-shirt looking so relaxed. I put on my sunglasses and he saw me looking at him.

"What?" Chris asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing, just like your relaxed look." I said and Chris smiled.

"I'm in shorts and a t-shirt..." Chris said and I nodded then tapped the brim of his ballcap.

"And a hat." I said and he laughed.

"And a hat." Chris said.

"Which reminds me..." He continues and reaches into the back seat and grabbed another hat handing it to me. I laughed at him.

"Really?" I said and he smiled.

"Hey, I noticed while being in your house the past week you didn't have one and everyone who lives in Boston should have one." Chris said and I laughed.

"Well I love it." I said putting it on and putting my ponytail through the hole in the back. We stopped at a red light and he leaned over, tilting his head to get under the hat and kissed me.

"Super cute." Chris said and I smiled. We stop right outside Boston parking in the back of a building and Chris ran in to get coffee and some breakfast sandwiches. Luckily we weren't seen and we didn't think he was spotted. Once we got in the car we quickly ate and then headed back out on the road. I noticed Chris was going the opposite direction of his house but I knew I wouldn't ask, I promised him. As we got on the highway Chris smiled as he turned on some music and I smiled. This was a side of Chris I never got to see. He was singing songs that came on and we were having a good time. After about an hour and half drive Chris smiled as I saw the welcome sign.

"Welcome to Falmouth." I read out loud and then smiled.

"I have always wanted to come here! I was always outvoted by friends and family." I said and Chris smiled.

"Where did you always end up going?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Martha's vineyard...once we were all old enough to drink obviously and Provincetown." I said and Chris nodded.

"Nice places but I'm with you. I haven't been here yet and I thought it would be a nice place far enough away from the city for us to get away and not have to stay hidden." Chris said and I smiled.

"You think of everything." I said and he smiled.

"Jessa, I want to be with you no matter what. I know hiding and sneaking around isn't something you wanted to do but I promise you I will make it seem like we aren't hiding out." Chris said and I smiled.