Chapter 18 - Strength

- In a mansion, somewhere in Caïro, a bi meterosexual vampire is checking himself out in a large mirror

"Enya, let me ask you a question... What is survival?"

The hag pondered for a moment before replying to the younger but older man "To get what you want. That's the goal everyone is striving for. People want money, fame or lovers"

The blonde male, still with his back turned to the old woman clicked his tongue "But to reach such a goal, there must be a fight for it"

"That's true. When you lose the fight and don't get the things you want... You feel failure. Then the next time when a fight comes, you fear it"

Dio put his hands on his hips and walked away from the mirror "To conquer fear, is to survive. The one standing on top of the world is s person who has no fear! Do you understand what i'm saying, Enya?"

"I told you of the existence of stands, and the way to call on it.. along with your immortality! What else is there for you to fear, my lord?"

Dio grabbed his shoulder, and stroked the Joestar birthmark "There is something..."

Enya looked confused at her vampire lord "What is it?"

"The Joestar family, and that one very peculiar girl... there is something about her. There also isn't any information about her stand known"

The hag nodded her head in understanding

"Hmmmm. But those pieces of garbage are always interfering with my life. I can only say that I am a believer of fate.. more accurately, I'm not afraid of the Joestars"

Dio put a hand on his face and sighed "But i do not dare to underestimate their bloodlines! I feel the need to completely eradicate them. "

Enya gasped "The Joestars?! Those two?!! They're just two pieces of shit! They don't stand a chance against you! Is that the reason why you want to take care of them yourself?"

"Yes" The blonde vampire laughed manically "If the Zeppeli girl's stand-powers are useful, i will make her join me. If not, she can perish with them!"

"That's just foolish! Outrageous! They're not worth your time! Even now, the seven stand users are already on their way to Singapore. And one of them, is my son! The hag finished her statement by showing off her two right hands

- back to the gang

"Empress, Hanged man, Strength, Wheel of fortune, Temperance, Emperor and Devil"
"Strength is next"

You took a sip of your water, and stared off into the distance before looking at Anne, who insisted on sitting in between you and Jotaro, much to your dismay

Instead of showing your disappointment, you opted to play a game with Joseph, Kakyoin and Polnareff

"I spy with my eye.... Something Blue, vast and endless" You exclaimed tiredly

Kakyoin passed out before he could answer, and the older Joestar looked very lost in thought

Polnareff jumped up with a huge smile "I know! It's the ocean!"

"Son of a bitch! I knew it had to be the ocean!" Joseph smacked his hands on his knees in frustration

You suddenly remembered something very important, and decided to share it with your awake crusaders "Kakyoin can hear about it later"

"A boat will appear, we can't get on"

"Why."

"Monkey's stand is the boat"