Part 14

"How and why is there a gate at lovers lake? Let's analyse. What do eleven and Vecna have in common." Dustin paced the room like a teacher during a pop quiz on an unknown topic. Has he droned on my attention came prominent on the lights above. Dustin however planted himself in-front of Erica and I whom apparently wasn't paying attention either, "are you even listening to me?" He asked
"I'm listening" Erica replied
"No" my eyes were glued to the slightly flickering lights
"You said you followed Vecna through lights right?"
"Yea why?" Dustin asked as Erica walked towards the lights my hand hit the table startling everyone
"S.O.S!" I said
"Shhhh" Dustin said
"Sorry, it's flashing in Morse code. Sos."
Dustin walked forward double checking the lights
"S.O.S" he said aloud "hey uh, remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through watergate?"
"Yeah"
"I overestimated them"
"Told you. Robin and Steve" I whispered under my breath still staring at the lights.
We ran upstairs grabbing a light board from hollys room that she was playing with
"Sorry holly" I said before unplugging it
"Heyy!"
"Sorry, sorry, sorry" Lucas and Dustin muttered as they grabbed all the pieces and Erica handed her another toy
"For your understand"
We ran to a seperate room gathering the pieces on the board filling every seperate hole.
"That's it that's it that's it go go go" Dustin rushed as Lucas fumbled the cord plugging it in. The board lit up, "ok are you guys seeing this" Dustin called to the teens stuck in the upside down. Giggling like a little girl as it lit up more sensing the power from them he hugged me and Erica squeezing our shoulder pulling us closer. "We aren't moving it, we are going to unplug it. Stand by"
"Yank it" I said to Lucas
"Okay try it now" Dustin called out to them once again.
Giggling once more as lines popped up on the board.
"H" we read out loud
"Hi!" Dustin and Erica said
"That worked" Dustin continued to talk to the gang
"S-t-u?...stupid?" We paused as the board cleared, "c-k."
"Stuck" Erica said
"Oh okay they are stuck in the upside down" Lucas elaborated for us
"Uhhh you can't get back through watergate?"
"Guarded, watergates guarded"
"Ok we have a theory, there's a gate at every murder sight" Dustin continued to fill in the teens as a question mark appeared on the board. "Okay seriously?" We scoffed, "how many times do I have to be right on the money before you trust me" Dustin continued clearly annoyed. Erica and Lucas jumped out the window as Dustin and I walked downstairs to see max standing behind the parents and officer with her Walkman. We both waved her over and made our way outside. We all jumped on bikes as Erica slashed the tires on the cars max stood on the back pegs of my bike as I rode. We started our journey to Eddie's trailer to hopefully pull the teens through the gate.
As we rushed into the trailer Dustin grabbed a broom and poked the red surface to fully open the gate so we could see the group on the other side. We all laughed at each other happy we finally found a way.
"Bada-bada-boom!" Dustin celebrated
We grabbed Eddie's mattress lying it on the floor as Dustin, Lucas and Erica tied together some sheets to form a sort of rope.
"Not quite sure how these physics work. But uh here goes nothing" Dustin threw the sheets through the gate to have them fall according to the gravity on the other side, "there we go and if my theory is correct" he let go of the rope letting it suspend itself in the air. "Alright pull on it see if it holds" we shouted through the gate as robin tested it
"This is the craziest shit I've seen in my life. And I've seen some crazy shit"
I held Max's hand as we stood back waiting for robin. She climbed up the sheets on their side of the gate to fall from the roof on our side.
"Oh thank god, that was fun,"
Eddie was next who also fell through without error. Robin was next but as she went to climb through she stopped. Steve gripped her shoulder trying to shake her awake.
"Vecna" Robin said as we all stared in horror not being able to help Steve. I grabbed Max's hand once more, our finger intertwining, "I'm here" she whispered.

A.N
————————————————————
All right well I guess you guys are gonna have to wait a little while. First of all we need to wait for the second volume but I'd like to watch it through before I start writing. Ya know. So I know where I'm going with it.
Also twice in one day?????