2- part 15

It's been two years since we finally destroyed Vecna and the upside down, Will doesn't get his weird feelings anymore, Hawkins is back in one piece, Steves been my legal guardian now and el and I still have our powers.

Right now though, party and I are hanging around mikes basement.

"Any food before we leave?" My aunt asked us for the hundredth time.
"No thanks!" I answered before Mike got the chance to piss off his parents.
"Is this almost over?" Max groaned from beside me on the couch.
The boys were in the middle of a campaign like old times and I had to be there to watch as an 'impartial decider'
"Almost we're over half way probably onlyyyy." Dustin looked at the board thinking, "3 hours left?"
Max and el groaned
"God I'd rather sit an watch Steve hopelessly flirt with his hot customers"
Max elbowed me until the ribs with a disapproving look on her face.
"What I can't admire one's beauty?"
"Tssss digging yourself a whole." Lucas said not even sparing me a glance, Dustin, will and Mike all nodding with him.
I turned to max, "I'm only joking you know that, right?"
She huffed and rolled her eyes before taking el upstairs, "hey where you going?"
"Literally anywhere else."

-time skip-

The boys finally finished and I eventually left the house at 9:30 at night. Picking up my radio and switching to our private channel.
"Max do you copy?" I whispered into the microphone
A raspy voice replied.
"Sorry if I woke you, the party's down now, and I saw el come back a while ago I was just wondering where you were."
I could only hear slight mumbles on the other side, nothing really making sense.
"O-ok." I'll admit I was sad she didn't come back with el, but I could exactly be mad at her, "goodnight then" I switched it off jumping on my bike riding home.

As I walked onto the porch to see Vicky and Robin talking I dumped my bike in the bushes.
"Night robin." She gave me a quick nod before I headed inside. I shuffled through the house too tired to properly lift my feet but as I opened my door I noticed my bed having a significant lump right in the centre.

"Max?" I half sighed out, "right in the middle really." I talked to myself as I kicked off my shoes and struggled to slide the girl under the covers and onto one side of my bed. But as soon as I payed on my back she had made herself at home snuggled into my side with an arm wrapped around me.

"You need to change your radio batteries" I whispered into her ear
"Shut up" she groaned hitting my side making me chuckle.
I sighed looking at the girl in my arms. "I'm sorry I called other girls hot. I was only trying to see how you'd react." I tested the waters on the touchy subject.

"I'm sorry I ran off." She mumbled lift her chin up to look at me.
We both exchanged soft smiles before I lent down to peck her soft lips.
"I love you"

"Mmhmm I know you do. Or else I would be in my on the floor" she laughed at her bed hogging antics
"True" I goggled with her.
There was a comfortable silence as we both drifted off into sleep.
"I love you too" she whispered.

————————————————————
Very short but I hope it gives you comfort as to what happens long term after the battle not much else I have to say.

Xoxo gossip girl