23 ~ Special

Three years went by and life couldn't be any better. Logan and I are expecting our first child, we got married a month ago and just came back from our honeymoon. And all that without the public knowing anything about it.
We were living in a slightly smaller house with a big garden, just the two of us and a Golden Retriever called Lexy.
Me and Lexy were laying on the couch watching TV when Logan came home.
"Hello, how are my babies doing?"he came to me and gave me a kiss before sitting down next to me.
"Good, but I'm hungry and I feel like I look like a whale."I said.
Logan chuckled and gently rubbed my belly.
"You do, kind of."he said and I hit his arm.
"Ouch, you want me to be honest and your pregnant belly does make you look giant."
I just pouted at him.
"A beautiful whale though. The most beautiful one."he said and without breaking eye contact he kissed my belly. I couldn't hide a smile.
"I'm hungry.."I said.
"I brought you a bowl from that diner you like so much."he said and stood up walking to the kitchen.
"Just a bowl?"I asked.
"Just a bowl.."he held it in front of me and I took it.
"Aaand your favourite: fries. What kind of husband do you take me for?"he asked and with his own food he sat down next to me.
We ate our food and watched a movie then we went to bed. Well, we wanted to. Apparently I was having contractions when I wanted to brush my teeth.

"LOGAN!"I screamed and he came running.
"What's wrong?"he asked looking worried. I was breathing heavily and something told me that these contractions are way too bad.
"Contractions.. Something feels wrong about it, Logan.."I said scared.
"Don't worry. I'll get you to the hospital."he picked me up and carried me to the car, in which he hurried to the hospital. The whole ride he held my hand and kept telling me to stay calm. When we arrived I could barely get out of the car and was sweating like crazy. My water broke a few minutes ago.
"I'm scared."I cried while Logan carried me inside.
"It'll be alright, babe. Ok? Just stay with me."he said
As soon as we were inside he screamed for help and a nurse came running. I passed out at that point.
The next thing I know is waking up in a hospital room.

Logan's PoV:
It became clear very fast that this baby isn't going to come naturally. Nilla was passed out and they put her into a narcotic sleep before they got the baby out. I was there the whole time and didn't know who to be worried about more. Nilla or our daughter. Soon I was holding a precious little babygirl in my arms and while there was happy tears, I was so scared for Nilla right now that I didn't really know what to do.
They send me out with the baby and my heart shattered. I want to be with Nilla right now.
"Hello, are you Mister Paul?"a doctor came up to me.
"Yeah.."I said tiredly.
"I'm doctor Millroy. I'm going to look at your daughter and see if everything's alright, ok?"
I just nodded and followed the doctor. I couldn't focus on what the doctor was doing.
"Can you tell me anything about how my wife's doing?"I asked. He didn't look at me and just said:
"We're doing everything we can to stabilize her."
Immediately my hands started shaking.
"I'm going to have to do a few more tests. If you want to get some air, call somebody or anything you can do that."Doctor Mallroy said.
"Ok.."I stood right in front of where my babygirl was laying. I looked down at her and happiness was taking over my body.
"She's very vital, that's a good sign."the doctor said.
"How will I find her when I come back in?"
"There's already a room assigned to her and your wife, just ask for that."
"Ok.. I'll be right back.."I said and walked outside and called my mom.

"Logan, hey. Is the baby there?"
"Y-yeah.."I stuttered.
"Is everything alright?"mom asked.
"No.."now I started crying.
"Is it the baby?"
"No, she's fine but.. but Nilla, she passed out and then they put her in a narcotic sleep.. all I know is that they're trying to stabilize her.. hell, I don't even know what that means."I tried to explain.
"It's going to be fine, Logan. Nilla is strong, she'll get through this."mom said.
"I'm just.. I don't know how to feel.. on one hand I'm beyond happy because I have a healthy daughter on the other I might be losing my wife right now and not even be by her side."
"Oh honey, can anyone come to the hospital? Just so you're not alone. Maybe Jake?"
"Jake isn't in town."
"Right.. can I do anything to help?"
"Actually could you let everyone know that the baby's here, but that we need some alone time right now? I want everyone to know about it but I also don't want to deal with anything right now. I'll text Nilla's brother though."
"I'll do that. That's ok. If there's anything else you can call me whenever."
"I know mom. Thank you."
"You're welcome. Now go be a good daddy."
"I will. Bye."
"Bye."

I walked back into the hospital and soon I was sitting in a room with an empty bed and my daughter in my arms. She must be hungry. Just when I was thinking that a nurse came in.
"This is for your daughter. She needs to drink this."she said and handed me a bottle.
"Ok.. ok, I can do this."
"I'll help.. here, just carefully hold it against her lips.. and.. there you go... someone's very hungry.."she said and then went on to press some buttons on some kind of device.
I was hypnotized by this little human. It's so weird that this little human was in Nilla's belly.
"You're so tiny.. yet so hungry.. your mommy will be there soon.. she's the best.."I rambled.
"I heard they got her stabilized now, by the way, she should be brought in here soon."the nurse said and I looked up to thank her for the information.
When she was gone I started crying again, I don't even know if out of happiness, relief, sadness or everything combined.
When the bottle was empty I put her back in her bed where she peacefully fell asleep. I sat back down and waited, at some point I fell asleep myself.

Nilla's PoV:
When I woke up I found myself in a hospital room. The first thing I saw was Logan holding our baby. He looked so in awe. The way he was holding her, looking at her, talking to her. Everything about the scenery I was looking at made me feel beyond happy. Tiredly I brought myself to say something.
"Hey.."I whispered.
"Nilla.."Logan looked at me. His eyes were happy, yet filled with tears and exhaustion.
He came over to the bed and sat down next to me with our precious baby in his arms.
"She's been waiting to meet her mommy.."he said and carefully gave her to me. Once she was settled I took a look at her.
"She's so tiny.."I whispered and felt Logan drop a kiss on my head. A tear fell onto my cheek and it wasn't my own. I looked up at Logan.
"I was so worried."he said.
"I'm sorry.."
"No, don't.. it's not your fault.. and you're here now.."he said and we both looked back at our daughter.
"She's beautiful."I said and gently moved my thumb over her tiny cheek.
"Just like her mother."Logan said.

A few days later we were back home. Logan had posted a short video on Instagram. First Lexy took her paw off, then Logans hand opened, then I opened mine and revealed our baby's hand.
Jake was visiting us right now and I came from the kitchen when he was holding her.
Logan was watching them, he was so protective of our little girl, it's almost annoying.
I massaged his shoulders for like a minute and then sat down next to him.
"Are you gonna be the most amazing wrestler one day? Yes, you.."
"No! She's not!"Logan interrupted his brother.
I put my hand on his knee.
"Why not?"I asked.
"Babe.."
"What?"
"She's.. she's a girl and she's precious."
"Oh, so precious girls can't fight?"I asked provoking him.
"No, that's not.. I just don't want there to even be the slightest chance of her getting hurt."he said.
"Oh Logan.."I said and kissed his shoulder.
"She won't. Uncle Jake is going to teach her how to stand up for herself.. and her daddy will do that too."I explained.
"I will?"Logan asked.
"You want her to become a strong independent woman one day, don't you?"
He nodded.
"Then she'll have to learn to fight for herself, to get back up when she falls and most importantly, not only a mother, but also a father who helps her learn those things and who love her unconditionally."
He was silent for a few seconds then he kissed me.
"You're right."he said afterwards.
"Little Angel Rose Paul will make a difference in this world, I can feel it."Jake said and we all smiled at each other. And I had a feeling that he isn't wrong about that.