24 ~ Special

I had just picked up Angel from kindergarten and we arrived at home, where Logan had just finished his workout routine. While I was getting the groceries inside the house, Angel ran into the garden and right into her father's arms. I smiled at the view before going inside. I load out the groceries, when Lexy came trotting into the kitchen.
She sniffed my legs and I petted her head.
"Mommy? Yoghurt?"Angel came into the kitchen followed by Logan.
"Yoghurt, what?"I asked putting her on the table.
"Me eat yoghurt.."she said.
"Magic word?"
"Pwease.."she was getting better at pronouncing these rather hard words.
"Ok, but just this one, we'll have dinner soon."I said and gave her her favourite yoghurt.
"Ok, mommy.."
"Here you go.. daddy will help you eat.."
"He will?"Logan smiled at me and took me into a hug from behind.
"He will or he'll need to clean the whole kitchen afterwards.." I said and smiled back.
"Point taken... I love you."he whispered the last words into my ear and pressed a kiss near my ear, then went on to take care of our daughter not eating like a maniac.
I started on dinner. Jake, Mark and George are coming over with their girlfriends for a barbecue. I'll just make a big bowl of salad, the rest will be taken care of by Logan.
While I was making the salad Logan kept Angel entertained and we laughed a lot. Angels giggles are truly like medicine. Hearing her giggle makes all the worries of the world feel so small to me.
"Here you little rabbit. Do you know what that is?"I asked holding a piece of carrot in front of her, while Logan had her in his arms.
"CARROT!"she almost shrieked. Don't ask me why but she loves carrots and I gave her the piece to nibble on.
"Daddy needs to go take care of the fire now. You sit here with mommy and be good, ok?"
"Okay.. Daddy careful.."Angel said after he set her on the table next to where I was still cutting some veggies.
"I will be careful babygirl. I promise."Logan said and pressed a kiss to her head.
I smiled to myself.

Soon the doorbell rang.
"UNCLE JAKEY!"Angel screamed and since she had started playing with her toy cars a while ago, she jumped onto her feet and ran to the door. She was just tall enough to open the door by herself now.
"Mommy, Jakey here!"she said while being carried back to the kitchen.
"I can see that, honey."I smiled at her and said Hi to not only Jake, but everyone else too.
"Nice to know someone cares about us, too."Mark said while we hugged.
"I truly don't know what's so special about uncle Jakey."I said and then lead them into the garden. Soon the barbecue was in full motion. The guys played and ran around with Angel, while us girls had a girltalk session. Lydia had come later on in that evening. Her and I had started a Podcast together a while ago and it was going quite well. We're starting to make money off of it now and it's an audio only podcast which keeps production costs on a low.
At some point a giggling Angel was put onto my lap. "Angel love mommy."she said and put her little chubby arms around me as best as she could.
"I love you too, my little baby."I said and pressed a kiss to her head.
"And what else did you want to tell mommy?"Logan asked kneeling besides my chair.
"Daddy love mommy, too."she said clearly exhausted now.
"Does he?"I asked smiling at Logan.
"Yes, he does."he said and we shared a sweet kiss.
"Mommy?"Angel caught my attention again.
"I want go sleep."she mumbled rubbing her eyes.
"And what do we need to do before bed?"Logan asked.
"Brush teethies.."Angel said.
"And?" Logan asked on.
"Little bath.."she said.
"That's right. Do you want mommy or daddy to help you?"Logan asked.
"Daddy help."she said and reached her arms out to him. He took her to the bathroom, while everyone else helped cleaning the mess of the barbecue.

After about half an hour everything was cleaned up, including an already sleeping baby. Logan and I were sitting in the garden with our friends, having snacks and talking about everything and anything.  It was already late at night when everyone was going home and Logan and I decided to relax in the pool before bed. I had put on a bikini and was already swimming a bit when Logan came striding into the pool too. He came up to me and pulled me into his arms, keeping me floating on the surface of the water.
"You look so beautiful."Logan almost whispered and I couldn't hide a smile.
"Thank you."I said while straightening up and interlacing my fingers behind his neck.
"You know.. I've been thinking lately.."
"Congrats."I interrupted him feeling giddy out of exhaustion.
"Very funny.."
"Sorry, go on.."I said and felt his hands on my hips tensing up a bit.
"I've been thinking that.. maybe.. maybe it's time for Angel to become a big sister."he said nervously.
"Really?"I asked.
"Yeah.. she's growing so fast and getting more and more independent and  I already miss her tiny little hands and.."
"Logan?"
"And her little puffed up cheeks and in no time she'll be a teenager and then she'll hate us and.."
"Logan! First of all: Angel just turned three. Second of all: yes, she's growing up, every kid does. And third of all... I'd love to have another child with you."I interrupted him. His eyes were watery. God, I love how emotional he gets about these things.
"In fact.. there's something I wanted to tell you today.."
"Nah-ah, don't do that to me.."
"I'm pregnant.. I found out yesterday.."I said and he pulled me into his arms and we kissed.
"How far along are you? Are you tired? You should rest. We should go to bed."Logan babbled and I just giggled.
"What?"he asked.
"Nothing.. just.. never change, ok?"I smiled up at him.
We shared another kiss.
"For real, you should put more clothes on. I don't want you to catch a cold."he said lovingly.
"Let's go to bed then."I said and he carried me inside and straight to bed.

The pregnancy went by in a hurry. And there she was, our little girl. Daisy Hope Paul.