11

Logan PoV:
Nilla was allowed to go home that day. Everyone stayed in Germany. Somehow I felt like Jake was really really sad about all this. So when Nilla was asleep I went to talk to him. Near her home there was a little hotel and Jake was sitting on the steps in front of it.
"Hey man.."I said and sat down beside him.
"Hey... how are you doing?"he asked.
"I'm.. ok.. it's hard but I'll keep going..."I said.
"Good.. do you think she'll come back to America with us?"Jake asked and I heard the hope in his voice.
"I hope so.. I mean she's starting to remember stuff and she wants me to be with her.. she wants to remember it all, it just takes time..."I explained.
"You know.. I really believe that she's the one for you, bro, she's beautiful inside and out and she changed you.. she made you a better version of yourself and I love her like a sister.. I don't want you to lose her because that would mean we all lose her.."Jake said. I knew Nilla had an impact on all of us but I didn't realize how much of an impact until now.
"We'll get through this, Jake.. we'll all help her, be there for her and with time, it'll be ok..."hopefully, I thought.
We had dinner with everyone and then I went back to Nilla.

When I entered her room she was sitting on her bed under her blanket, looking at pictures on her phone.
"You remember your PIN."I realized and she nodded at me.
"I- When I woke up I suddenly remembered it and .. and I remember some things about us..."she said almost in a whisper.
"You do?"I felt the tears in my eyes.
"I remember my family now.. and then I remembered last Christmas.. we were at your moms house and you gave me that silver necklace with the little blue crystal heart.. and that Maverick took my cookie away.."she said.
I couldn't hide the smile on my face. I sat down next to her. She was looking at the pictures on her phone, pictures of her and me.
"I'm so sorry that I'm putting you all through this.. when I told mom and Flo that I remember them they were so happy and I felt so bad for making them feel so miserable these past days and I.."
"Baby .. you couldn't have changed it.. but we all love you, so we give you the time that you need.. and believe me I'm so goddamn happy that you're starting to remember us.. but if some things never come back in that pretty little head of yours.. then that's ok, we'll just make new ones.. if you'll still let me be with you."I interrupted.
"I would like that.. I really feel the connection and I'm starting to remember.. I just don't want to make you feel sad or anything.."she said.
"You don't.. everything's alright... Can- Can I kiss you?"
She nodded shyly and I kissed her, very softly, but it felt so good. I missed this so much. I felt a tear rolling down my face.
"I'm sorry."she whispered on my lips.
"Don't be."I said and wrapped my arms around her. I just held her in my arms and we fell asleep.

Weeks later, when Danis leg was fully healed, we went back to America. She had gotten little parts of her memory back over time, still not all of it but she's starting to put the pieces back together. I feel like we fell in love all over again and even if she doesn't remember all of it, even if she never will, I will always love her.
Anyways, apparently she does remember that she's scared of flying so she's already panicking and we're not even on the plane yet.
"Babe.. hey.. look at me.." I held her face in my hands and looked straight into her eyes.
"We're gonna go on that plane, you'll have a nice portion of sleep and then we'll land in America, you'll be alive and we'll go home."I said, she tried nodding but I held her head too high. I pressed a kiss on her lips and so we survived the flight. Nilla was asleep for a really long time, in which she was holding my hand by the way. I watched her a long time, it feels like every second got more precious. I was so scared that she might not want to be with me anymore.. I mean she didn't know who I am anymore. I don't know what I would've done.
The drive to my house was quiet. I felt her nervousness and just kept her in my arms.
"It's gonna be alright honey."I whispered in her ear when we stopped in front of the house.
She got out of the car and while I got our suitcases she just stood there and stared at the house. I stood next to her.
"You okay?"I asked.
"You said I lived here a long time.."
"You did, you've been here all the time for almost a year.. well you went to Germany some times .." I stopped because I saw that Dani was about to cry.
"Why can't I remember this?"she started sobbing.
"Oh honey.."I said and took her in my arms.