20

A few months passed by. We were back to normal. I was done with my new book. I decided to name it "Ohio Love ~ Giving It Another Try". And like always, when everything is going good and you finally feel like everything's alright for once, that gets destroyed.
I'm on the phone with german police, they're telling me my dad died in a car crash. He raced into a tree and died instantly. I was in shock. Even though I didn't have any contact for years now and I still didn't forgive him for what he did to my mom, I just lost my father.
And if I'm being honest, I don't know if I should cry or feel relieved... he was still stalking my mother, the last time she saw him driving by our house was yesterday, in the evening. And I was always scared that he might snap once again at some point.
I was in the kitchen, just standing there, in the middle of the room.
"Nilla? You okay?"I heard Evans voice but I couldn't answer.
"LOGAN!"I heard him scream and then footsteps. The next thing I know everything is blurry.. someone took my phone and I crumbled to the floor in someone's arms.
"I'm here Baby... I'm right here.."I heard Logans voice and then I looked into his eyes. I wasn't crying, I was just in total shock.
"Whatever it is.. no matter when you want to talk about it.. I'll be right here, ok?"Logan said.
"My father got in a car crash... he died.."I whispered.
Logan just took me in his arms, holding me tight to his chest.
"Logan.. I don't know what to do.. what to feel... I ... I.."
"Sshhh... it's ok.. you don't have to do anything right now."he gave me a kiss on my head.

Logans PoV:
My girl is crumbling in my arms, she's so lost in a trance she doesn't even notice that she's actually panicking right now. She's shaking and just looks straight ahead, like she's lost in thought or something.
"Calm down Babe... breathe..."I tried getting her attention but she's not responding to me, not in any way.
"Honey? Hey.. you hear me?" Nothing.
"Mike! Call an ambulance... I think Nilla's going to pass out.." I said loud and clear. I just held Nilla tight to my chest and rubbed her back. Just a minute later she passed out.

I knew the stuff with her father was still hard on her and that she's still not over it. But who could blame her after all he did. The doctor said to let Nilla sleep, get her into bed and try to be there when she wakes up so she doesn't fall into panic again. She's been awake for a few minutes when the doctor came, just long enough to tell him whatever he wanted to know. After such a long time everything seemed fine for once. Why did that have to happen now? Nilla kept sleeping until the next morning. I know she wasn't awake at some point because I've been awake the whole time. I just couldn't rest, knowing she might panic again. Every movement, every loud breathe, every little noise let me be on high alert... until she finally woke up and is looking in to my eyes right now.
"Hey.."I whispered.
"You look tired.."she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.
I let out a whispered kind of laugh.
"I am..but it's worth it... you okay?"I asked.
She nodded but looked unconvinced.
"I think so.."she then said, while turning onto her side. Her back was now facing me.
"Honey.. that man did terrible things to you and your mom.. but he was still your father and you're allowed to be confused... you did nothing wrong, okay?"I said while pulling her closer in my arms.
She nodded holding onto my arm, which was now right in front of her chin, holding her close to me.
"I love you."I said and kissed her head.
"I love you too."she whispered and I felt a tear falling onto my arm.

Nilla's PoV:
At some point I went and took a shower and actually that's basically all I did on this day. I was exhausted from the panic attack and all the crying this morning. After a long shower I went downstairs. I just put on one of Logans sweaters, it wasn't looking like a dress but definitely oversized, and a pair of leggings. My hair was still wet and I looked sick. My eyes were red from crying and my skin was pale, paler than usually.
Logan sat in the living room with Mike. I walked past them into the kitchen.
I searched for something quick to eat.
"Hey.. how are you feeling?" Logan softly asked.
"I'm fine.."I said not even looking at him.
"Really?"he asked on.
"Yeah."I said.
"Then why aren't you looking at me?"
"Just stop asking, okay?"I said sounding more mad than I wanted to and stomped past him and upstairs.

Logan came after me into the bedroom and well, we had a pretty bad fight. Basically I flipped because he kept asking how I am and if I need anything. And I know he meant to support me and I was actually very thankful that he was there but, I don't know, it was all just too much.