5

"Don't you dare to ever say that again! You're my dad and I love you but I love Nilla, ok? She makes me feel things I never felt before.. and you know, she made me realize something.. this is the f*cking first time ever I'm in love... I didn't know what love, real love, feels like until like, yesterday... and if you can't accept her you seriously need to leave.."Logan explained in a serious and at the same time vulnerable tone.
"Oh honey.."Pam went up to Logan and put her hand on his shoulder.
"So you're choosing her over your family?"his dad asked.
"I'm not dad.. I love her.. I need her in my life.."Logan said and I saw him almost breaking under the pressure that his dad was putting on him.
He looked up at me.
"Do you see what you're doing? You're hurting our family!"he said. I felt Jakes hand on my back for support and I needed it.
"Stop Dad! Just.. just leave."Logan said. And he did, he left.

Now almost everyone was crying. I don't know who was holding me but I think it was Jake.
"I don't want that.. I don't want to hurt your family.."I said in between sobs.
"You're not Nilla. I hated Logan when he broke up with you, because I always liked you a lot, I hated him for screwing with you.. but you both changed and I can see how good you are for each other.. and our dad will come around one day, he has to."Jake somehow had the ability to calm me pretty fast. When I calmed down we went downstairs where Pam pulled me into an embrace first.
"Don't let it get to you sweetie. He will come around.. all that matters is how much you both love each other.."she said
"Thanks Pam.."I said with a still shaky voice.
"I'm so sorry babe... as if you haven't went through enough family drama.." he cupped my face in his hands and made me look into his eyes.
"Hey... I love you and that's not going to change, ok? ..."
"Ok.."I whispered.
"I love you.."he said.
"I love you too."I said and we shared a quick kiss.

A few minutes later I was talking to Pam at the kitchen.
"How are things with your parents?"she asked.
"Well, mostly same old.. my dad still doesn't respect that I don't want to be in contact with him... they only talk over lawyers.. nothing really changed."I said.
"How about your older brother?"
"Oh, he's doing good. He just finished university but that lead to a breakup with his girlfriend, so he's down too... gosh welcome to my family where we all hate each other and cry because love is a b*tch."the last words weren't supposed to come out. God, I'm stupid.
Pam chuckled.
"It's ok sweetie, I know you're in a pretty rough position right now."she was patting my hand.
"I just... I don't want what is now happening between me and my dad to happen to Logan and his dad.. I'm not a fan of him but they always had a good relationship and now that I'm back in the picture.."
"Don't! Don't make yourself the reason for this mess.. our family is probably more f*cked up than yours to be honest..."she interrupted me.
"Did he try to choke you?"I asked.
"No.."she said kinda confused.
"Well, my dad did..."I said.
"God... I'm sorry.."Pam said.
"What?"I heard Logans voice behind me at the same time. I turned around with tears in my eyes.
"He choked my mom.. that's why he finally had to get out of the house.. that's why he's not allowed to get back into the house." I've never really talked about it. I didn't want to but I had to get it out now. I started crying.
"Oh honey.. it's ok.. it's over... it's all over."Logan said while holding me in his arms.
"Guess we're not the only f*cked up family." I heard Jake say. Seconds later I heard an"ouch" from him and he probably deserved it.

Pam and Jake left a few hours later. It had gotten late and Logan and I were back in bed. He was stroking my hair gently.
"Babe?"he whispered.
"Yeah?"I answered in a whisper.
"Can I ask you something.. related to your dad?"he asked.
"Sure.."I said quietly.
"Did he ever hurt you?"he asked and felt him kinda tensing up.
"No, not physically.. he hurt me in many other ways but never physically.."I said and I felt him relax again.
He kissed the top of my head.
We didn't talk any more about it. And all the crying had made me extremely tired so I fell asleep pretty fast.

The next morning I was totally exhausted. I had multiple nightmares throughout the night and all the bad memories had come back. I was sitting in the backyard with a peppermint tea, watching birds fly and clouds moving.
"What are you doing out here so early?"Logan appeared behind me.
"I couldn't sleep.."I said quietly.
"You had nightmares, hadn't you?"
I just nodded.
He  climbed behind me and put his arms around me.
"It's ok babe... but if you want to talk about it you can always come to me, ok?"he asked. Again, I just nodded.

-----
Thanks for reading up til now 😊
I hope you liked it💕
Please leave any kind of Feedback in the comments
Thanks again