22

Nillas PoV:
After Logan helped me drink, he started massaging my hands.
"Ok, so first things first, did you eat anything yet?" Logan asked.
I shook my head no.
"I can't..." I barely even whispered. I felt sick all day and there was so much going on in my head that I just couldn't think about food.
"Honey, I know it hurts, ok? And I know there's a lot happening in your head right now, and I'm sorry for whatever it was that happened this morning.. I'm here, I always will be, I'm not leaving you alone with all the things in your head."Logan said still massaging my hands.
"Do you think I should go to the funeral?"I asked through tears.
"I honestly don't know.. seeing you right now I'd say no, 'cause I'm scared it'll only hurt you more... seeing for you to look back in a few years.. you probably should just so you can't regret it at some point... it's your decision to make and whatever you decide I'll be there, I'll go with you if you want me to, I'll leave you alone if that's what you want.. I won't even wake you up that day if that's what feels good for you..."Logan said.
"Thank you.."I sobbed.
"It's nothing you have to thank me for.."
"I love you..."I said and pulled him a little closer to me. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss on the head.
"I love you too... it's gonna be just fine honey, you'll see."

Days went by and Logan and I actually went to the funeral. It was as I expected it. Part of the family asked me why I even bothered to come, some made me the reason of his death and some understood that, no matter what, he was still my father and I had a right to be sad, even though, honestly, I felt a lot of relief too. Whatever, after three exhausting days we just got back to Logans house.
We said hi to everyone and then I went upstairs and for a few minutes I just sat on the bed. I didn't really think about anything or do anything, I just sat there. Soon I laid down and fell asleep.
At some point Logan carefully woke me up.
"Hey, I just wanted to tell you that there's food in the kitchen. Your favourite pizza. Mike, Evan and I are gonna go to the gym now but Lydia is downstairs and you know I'm in the gym if you need anything.."he said quietly.
"Ok.."I whispered, still half asleep.
"Love you."he said after giving me a kiss onto my forehead.
"Love you too."I whispered and then I heard the door and went back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I was cuddled close to Logans chest. His embrace was keeping me warm and for the first time since my father died I felt alright again. I hope that it will last longer this time, the waking up and feeling like everything's fine, a feeling of serenity and safety. For a while I just enjoyed the feelings. Soon Logan woke up though and the first thing he did was giving me a kiss on the head and telling me he loves me. He started doing that the morning we went to Germany for the funeral. Now it's kind of a ritual and obviously my part is saying it back at him.
"What do you want to do today?"he asked.
"I don't know.. I need to send my finished book to my management so they can finally start producing it..."I explained.
"I'm so proud of you, do you know that?"I looked up at him and we smiled at each other.
"Well, now I do."I said.
He pulled a strand of hair behind my ear and then looked into my eyes again.
"You look so much better than the past few days... I mean you always look good but you looked so tired and exhausted and just done with everything..."
"I think all the sleeping helped a lot with that.."I said.

Here's hoping that we get a break of all that horrible stuff that's been happening lately.
The next weeks were going by quickly, my book was selling great and besides that everything was going great too.
My mom was doing better too.
And once more I realized that to every bad thing there's a good thing. Sometimes there's multiple bad things to one good thing, but sometimes it can be the other way around. Thinking about that I thought, maybe that's something for my next book. So I started writing down notes about situations like that.

Logans PoV:
After working out for almost two hours I went upstairs, where I found Nilla writing on her Laptop. For a few minutes I just watched her, standing in the doorframe. She always looks so in her element when she's writing. The way she gets lost in it. It's something I always loved about her. She really committs to the things she's doing, living the moment, making the best out of it.
I then walked up to her and started massaging her neck.
"I'm gonna take a shower.. wanna join me?"I asked in between kissing her shoulders and neck.
"Give me five more minutes and I'll come find you.."she said. I gave her one last kiss on the shoulder.
"Ok.."I answered and went into the shower.
The thing is, she never came to find me. Apparently she was overflowing with ideas and as soon as I left the room she forgot all about me.
But I was so happy that we're all back to normal, that I just let her be.
The whole day Nilla was writing and writing and writing.
At some point I went into bed and when I was almost asleep I felt her slipping under the blanket with me.
"Done writing for today?"I asked whispering.
"Yeah.. sorry, I totally ignored you today.. there were just so many ideas in my head and I was so lost in the thoughts.."she explained excitedly.
"It's okay.. everything's fine.. I'm really glad that everything's going so well for both of us and obviously between us..."
Not going to lie, I was so scared after the car crash and when Nilla didn't know about most of her life anymore.. it was scary, but we got through and I personally think that we got out stronger than we ever were. It made us bond in a really unique way and I'm hoping that bond will never be broken again. For now, we'll just see where life takes us and if I know one thing for sure, this woman truly changed my life and me as a person and for that, I'll be forever grateful.

----------
That's it for now 🙈Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.
I try to put a message into the stories I tell and I just really want you to know life is one hell of a rollercoaster, there will be bad times but there will be great times too. It might be hard sometimes, and you might question if you really can get through, but you can! I know you can!
Feel free to comment whatever you'd like ❤️
If you want to, you can look at my profile, maybe you'll find another story you might want to read.