ROOSTER-[Sexual Content Warning] Chapter Six: Alone Time

Sammy walked out of her room, wearing the same shirt, but with jean shorts and sandals on.  Rooster looked over at her, staring her up and down, and smiled big.

  "You ready to go?" He asked before looking at Mrs. Kazansky.  "I'll have her home before seven." He joked around.

  "You two have fun, okay? Keep us posted," she smiled at her daughter and gave Rooster a quick hug while Sammy grabbed her purse.  She walked towards the front door where Rooster quickly opened the door, holding it open.  Sammy saw the famous Bronco sitting in the driveway, parked like someone was in a hurry.

  "Where are we going, Bradshaw?" Sammy asked as he ripped the door open, letting it make a groaning noise.

  "Just around.  Maybe get you a snack.  I know you feel better after you get some fries from In and Out," Rooster smiled, gesturing for Sammy to get in the truck.  Sammy crawled in, and he shut the door before running to get in the driver's seat.

  "Can we go to the overlook after getting food?" Sammy asked in a soft, almost childlike voice.  Rooster looked over.

  "Yeah.  Yeah, we can do that," he spoke in an equally soft voice.  Her voice cracked a bit, sending a small shiver up Sammy's spine. 

  Rooster started his truck up and threw it into reverse, pulling out of the driveway.  The two of them cranked the windows down in the bronco as they sped down the street.  Though the car was filled with road noise and the faint sound of the radio, the car was silent.  Rooster and Sammy stayed quiet the entire time, but knew that the presence of one another was enough for them to be comfortable.  Between Sammy being grateful that Rooster was there and Rooster being grateful that Sammy trusted him, the two knew that no matter what happened, they had each other's backs.

  Bradshaw pulled into the drive thru and ordered their meals, knowing exactly how Sammy enjoyed her burger and which soda was her comfort drink.  He pulled forward and paid as Sammy stared out her window, admiring the partly cloudy sky that was filled with seagulls and smaller birds.  The car pulled forward a second time as Rooster grabbed the meals and drinks, thanking the drive thru employees and drove off.  He looked over at Sammy before pulling onto the main road.  She seemed to be at peace with everything and he admired the way her hair laid gently on her shoulders, her eyes glimmering in the California sun, and her gentle breathing.  She felt his eyes on her and she turned her head to look at him.  There was a split second that felt like eternity where they felt a strong connection before being interrupted by a car horn.

  "Sorry!" Rooster waved out the window, only to receive the bird back.  He pulled out quickly and drove off down the road towards the overlook.  Sammy went back to staring out the window, feeling a weird pit in her stomach.  She felt the car stop, not processing that ten minutes had passed and the two of them reached an overlook that allowed them peace and ocean noises.  Seagull noises filled the air along with the sound of waves as Rooster turned the bronco off.  He looked at Sammy, who didn't budge.

  "Hey, Sam," he said, trying to get her attention.  She looked over and saw him handing her the bag that had her meal in it.  "Eat it before it gets cold.  I want to make sure you're fed."  Sammy stared at the bag, but knew she needed to eat something.  Taking it, she smiled, opening it up once it was on her lap.  She pulled out the fries first, eating them one by one, savoring every bite.  Her gaze was straight ahead, staring at the sailboats and people swimming at the beach below.

  "Thank you, Bradley," Sammy practically whispered.  Rooster, who was already halfway done with his cheeseburger and had ketchup in his mustache, looked over at her.  Sammy rarely calls him by his first name so it always catches him off guard.  He took a napkin and wiped his face before swallowing what he had just taken a bite of.