PHOENIX-Chapter Eleven: Legends are Made by Sam Tinnesz

Sam was up in the air the following day after being cleared and ready to go.  She was doing flight patterns with the rest of the crew, making sure that they could handle dogfighting with multiple keys in a close vicinity.  Sam watched her pulse and her concentration closely, making sure she didn't slip back into what had happened the previous day.

  After landing and being told that she, along with everyone else, was done for the day, she headed back into the ship to go shower and get ready for dinner as soon as the debriefing happened. Like every other Navy tradition, due to the bad news coming soon, they were serving their traditional steak and lobster tail.  She found herself entering the bathroom at the same time as Trace.  She looked at Sam and vice versa.
  "Oh sorry, go take your shower first," Phoenix insisted.  Sam walked in and kept Phoenix's door open.
  "Get in here, Tasha.  This might be the last time we have the opportunity to shower together," Sam piped up, turning the water on and hopping in.  Phoenix stood there, dropping her towel, and hopping in with Sam.  The space was super cramped with the two of them, but they didn't mind.
  "Have I ever told you how much your muscles turn me on?" Phoenix whispered as the two stood in the water, letting it drench them from head to toe.
  "Do you want a show later?" Sam asked, switching spots with Phoenix and then putting shampoo in her hair and washing the rest of herself to the best of her ability.
  "I'm getting a show now," Phoenix said, flipping the two of them around so Sam could rinse off, and she could put soap on herself.
  "But a better one where we aren't in a small shower that's reminiscent of summer camp," Sam said, kissing Phoenix quickly.  The two flipped once more.
  "Only if you fuck me afterwards?" Phoenix tilted her head, showing interest.  Sam grinned and kissed Phoenix a little harder.
  "Anything for you," Sam said, getting out of the shower.  Phoenix followed suit a couple seconds later and the two dried off to the best of their abilities.  Sam purposely draped her towel over the front of her so her physique was on display for Phoenix.  She flexed a bit so her muscles on her back, arms, legs, you name it began to show.  Phoenix stared and inhaled deeply.
  "God, how do you look like that?" Phoenix asked.  "Like what do you eat?"
  "A lot of protein.  And heavy weights are my friend," Sam said, stopping her muscles from flexing.  She entered her bunk room and got dressed in exercise gear, heading to the wardroom for dinner with Phoenix right behind her.
  "So you're going to be there for me, right?" Phoenix asked, walking behind Sam as they headed down the p-ways, staying to the right.
  "Of course, I am.  It's my job during this mission," Sam spoke up.  Phoenix smiled to herself as she walked behind Sam, who she viewed as a knight in shining armor.

  The two of them made it to the chow hall and stood in line for their meals before sitting down together at a table with two empty chairs.
  "Mind if we sit here?" Rooster asked with Bob next to him.  Sam gestured with a big smile.
  "Of course, guys," Sam replied.  Phoenix sat on Sam's left as Bob was on her right with Rooster across the table.  They started digging into their meals in silence.  The surrounding tables had conversations that you would expect in an officer's eating area on a Navy ship.
  "So," Rooster piped up, cutting his steak up. "Sam, you okay with not going on the mission?"  Sam sighed and nodded.
  "It's not like I can just insert myself into the main part of the mission.  Besides," Sam took a sip of her water.  "Coming to save you guys is rather important too."
  "Considering you got heat exhaustion from the training," Phoenix said annoyed, sipping from her water glass.  "I mean, what we're they thinking?"
  "I don't know, but I got cleared by medical so there's that," Sam spoke up, poking a green bean into her mouth.
  "Well, regardless, I think we can all agree that we would've loved you as a team leader," Rooster said, looking at Phoenix and Bob.  Bob nodded his head.
  "But knowing that, if we had a bogey on our tail, being saved by you is rather comforting.  Your aim is impeccable from what I've heard," Bob piped up.  Sam chuckled and shook her head.
  "No, no.  He's right.  You have three confirmed kills.  Two more, and you're an ace," Phoenix spoke up.
  "Well, I'll do my best," Sam replied.
  "Hey, isn't there an official Ace Pilot badge somewhere?  We should get you one if you get that title," Rooster grinned.  Sam rolled her eyes and then went back to eating.