BOB-Chapter Fifteen: A New Beginning

Sam's body never healed properly, leaving her muscles permanently screwed up. She suffered from massive migraines due to the head wound, but those things didn't stop her from living her absolute dream: starting a family and being there for her family.
A year after her getting engaged to Bob marked her day to get out of active duty. Bob had a couple months left, but that didn't mean anything to him knowing that Sam was safe and taken care of. She was rung off the base, greeting her mother in the parking lot.
"Are you sure of this?" Her mother asked. Sam shook her head.
"I can never leave the Navy, but the Navy has no need of me anymore," Sam replied. "Besides, I have four years of reserves."
"Where will you go?" Her mother asked, knowing that there was no home for her to live with Bob in back in San Diego.
"Dad left us the cabin in Whidbey Island. We should make use of it," Sam said. "Of course, if it's only okay with you."
"Your dad would love it if you used the cabin to start a family. But what will you do up there?"
Sam got a cheeky grin, staring down at the ground, biting her bottom lip. Her mother waited for her daughter to look up and tell her.
"I got a job offer to fly for Alaska based out of Seattle. Six figures starting off immediately," Sam said with utter excitement. Her mother hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek.
"Oh that is wonderful! When do you start?"
"In a couple of months. I told them I would like to wait for Bob to go on terminal leave so we can move in together and all that," Sam explained. Her mother beamed with pride.
"Your father would be so proud of you," her mother noted. Sam nodded and started to cry a bit, remembering her father had been deceased for years.

Bob came home soon after, greeting Sam at home. He bounded up to her, hugging her tightly and kissed her deeply on the lips.
"I'm so proud of you," Bob cooed, kissing her nose quickly. "I'll be out too sooner than later."
"I know you will," Sam cooed back, kissing him again. "What do you want to do when you get out?"
"Funny you should say that," Bob kissed her cheek. "I got hired by Boeing to start in a couple of months."
"What? When were you going to tell me?" Sam pulled away.
"When it came up, and it was a good time," Bob joked around. "I applied after you told me you got hired at Alaska. Figured you wanted to move to Whidbey."
"Look at you! Being so smart," Sam chuckled. "My mom is going to sign over the house to us, and it is ours. The cabin is a three bed, two and a half bath on an acre of wooded land. It's like thirty minutes from base, and about thirty minutes from the ferry to Mukilteo."
"Well, I can't wait to get up there," Bob picked her up, twirling her around. "Our kids are going to be so lucky growing up someplace so beautiful and having loving parents."
"It's a good thing we'll have the reserves still. That way we can have our kids on the Navy's dime," Sam chuckled.
"How many do you want?" Bob joked around knowing her answer was the same as his.
"You know that answer, bud."
"I do," Bob grinned happily, kissing Sam passionately. "But those kids won't come around if we don't try."
"I'm surprised you have the energy after today," Sam chuckled.
"I have all the energy for you, darlin'," he said with his Texan accent. "Now let's get you to bed."
"Aye aye, sir," Sam responded with a chuckle as Bob carried her towards their room.

Sam laid in bed, staring at Bob who was standing in the middle of the room stark naked still. He stretched, flexing his back muscles. Sam enjoyed the show and smiled to herself thinking about how lucky she was to have him.
"When do you want to get married?" Bob asked grabbing a pair of exercise shorts and a shirt out of the dresser drawers.
"When do you want to get married?" Sam asked. "If you're already getting me pregnant, that dress isn't going to fit."
"Well, we have to see if you are first," Bob walked over to give Sam a deep kiss. "I hope you are."
"God, don't make this awkward," Sam chuckled, sitting up in bed, holding the sheets to her to hide her. Bob stared at her and smiled softly to himself.
"We could plan it for when we get up to Washington?"
"All of our friends are here though," Sam responded, tossing the sheets to the side. She walked towards the bathroom to start a bath, soothing her sore muscles.
"Then we get married on Coronado. Just me and you. No fancy ceremony, no nothing. Just me and you in white and having a couple of friends to celebrate with," Bob suggested, following Sam to the bathroom.
"We could do that. But I need a dress. And you need a suit."
"Or I could wear my dress uniform," Bob offered. "I look good in the whites."
"You look good in everything, Robert."
"Oh don't call me that," Bob groaned. Sam giggled and slid herself into the deep, warm tub. She sighed in relief as the water relaxed the aches and pains.
"Do you want to join me?" Sam looked up at Bob. He was breathing harder than normal, immediately ripping the clean clothes off of him to join her.