ROOSTER-Chapter Seven: A Visit and a Beach Trip

The next morning, in class, Sammy sat down thinking about her previous day.  She felt herself pulse down there at the thought of Rooster.  And it became worse when he walked in, sporting a slight swagger.  He sat down without saying good morning to everyone.  Phoenix looked at him and then at Sammy before scoffing.

  "What happened between you two?"

  "Nothing bad," Rooster piped up, looking at Sammy with a smile.  Phoenix looked at Sammy and asked with her eyes what happened, while Sammy wiggled her eyebrows.  An audible "no" left Phoenix's mouth, getting the attention of Rooster who looked back at her and then to Sammy who was laughing.  His brow furrowed, confused, and then immediately loosened into a shocked face knowing exactly what just happened.

  "Ooh, Rooster," Phoenix stood up and hovered over the top of his chair looking down.

  "What do you want, Trace?" He asked.  She grinned and then tousled his hair before sitting back down in her chair, looking over at Sammy.

  "I want details," she mouthed, to which Sammy shook her head and rolled her eyes.

  After class got out, Sammy and Rooster found themselves back at his place, doing the same thing over and over again.  Each time better than the last as they learned each other's bodies and preferences.

  "Sam," Rooster piped up after the rounds ended and the two got dressed.  She looked up at him and stood up.  "Where are you going after this special assignment?"

  "I'm staying here in San Diego.  Then I'm putting in for Whidbey Island," Sammy piped up.  Rooster nodded and stood up to put his shorts back on.  "Why do you ask?"

  "Because I don't want to be apart from you," he said softly, walking over to Sammy.  "I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

  Sammy blushed and chuckled.  "I have to be your girlfriend first." She toyed with him.

  "Then, Samantha Kazansky, will you be my girlfriend?"

  Sammy shook her head and chuckled while Rooster stood there confused.

  "Phoenix was right. You really do have impeccable timing," she joked around.  Rooster tossed his hands up and then lunged at Sammy, tackling her.  She yelped and then immediately started laughing as Rooster started tickling her.

  "You're going to answer me, Kazansky.  Even if it's a no," he was laughing too and Sammy began play hitting him.

  "If the answer is yes," she took a breath between laughs, "will you let me go?"  Rooster stopped and leaned down.

  "Yes," he said with a childish smile and followed up with a kiss.  "So is that a yes?"

  "Yeah, you big buffoon," Sammy replied as Rooster helped her off the floor.  Rooster smiled big and gave her another kiss and then a hug.

  "You're not going anywhere, Kazansky.  Not now," he whispered to her, sticking his tongue out.  Sammy rolled her eyes and pushed him away gently.

  "Will you let me go home?" She asked.  Rooster sighed and kissed her forehead.

  "I suppose so.  I don't want you to go, but I'll let you go home," he said with a joking tone. 

  Sammy got dropped off at her house with Rooster watched her, making sure she got into her house safely.  The moment the doors opened, Sammy waved at Bradshaw who waved back and backed out of the driveway cautiously.

  Sammy, once inside, her mother looked at her and was waiting patiently.  She greet her mother, gave her a big hug.

  "Did Bradley not want to stay for dinner?" Mrs. Kazansky asked, to which Sammy shook her head.